Advantech – a leading global manufacturer of embedded, automated and ruggedized computing products, services and solutions for the healthcare industry – is pleased to announce that it will attend and exhibit at the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society Annual Conference and Exhibition (HIMSS18) held March 5-9, 2018, at the Venetian – Palazzo – Sands Expo Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. Trusted by 80% of the top 50 medical device manufacturers, hundreds of hospitals and numerous caregivers and patients worldwide, Advantech will unveil for the first time its complete solutions for hospitals that are enabling a new era of intelligent healthcare, from high-performance medical monitors and PCs, to newly updated patient infotainment terminals and medical grade tablets that securely connect, simplify and improve the entire hospital ecosystem.
Each of the following newly released Advantech technologies are 4th Edition Medical and ITE UL (Underwriters Laboratories) Certified (EN60601-1, UL60601-1, and/or EN60950). Surgical monitors are also DICOM® (Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine) compliant, meeting the international standard to transmit, store, retrieve, print, process and display medical imaging information:
HIT-W183 – A new platform designed to provide patients and visitors with a modern, unified and streamlined communications terminal that fully integrates with in-room and waiting-room televisions, the ultra-slim system enables capabilities for ordering meals, viewing healthcare plans, completing the discharge process and entertainment among other things.
- All-in-one computer with Intel® Celeron® Apollo Lake N4200 CPU
- Rich optional peripherals – Dual-mic noise cancelling handset / RFID / NFC / smart card reader / barcode scanner
- Built-in nurse call button and notification LED Indicator
- Dual isolated Ethernet – Internet (for patients) and intranet (for hospitals) traffic and data security
- Supports M.2 2230 Wi-Fi / BT modules and M.2 2242 SSDs
- True-flat, IP65-rated front panel w/ P-cap touch. IPX1 as a whole unit
AIM-55 – An advanced 8″ medical-grade tablet that simplifies patient data and information intake for nurses.
- Barcode scanner with 20 & 70-degree design, LAN COM, MSR
- Device support Windows 10 IoT Enterprise & Android 6.0 dual OS
- Camera module supports up to 13MP auto focus with LED flash
- Comprehensive communication technologies including 3G/4G, WLAN, BT, NFC, GPS and HDMI output
- IP65 water and dust protection/ 4ft drop compliant
- Supports glove mode and stylus with palm detection to expand usability
- Equipped with Gorilla® Glass 3, anti-glare, anti-fingerprint, direct-bonded, scratch-proof touch panel
- Medical-Grade 8″ 1920 x 1200 IPS Panel with 400 nits brightness and MTBF up to 12,000 hours
- Built in Intel® Atom™ processor with dual OS platform. (Windows / Android)
KOSTEC ULTRA HD SURGICAL MONITOR – Designed for the OR (operating room) and surgical applications, Advantech’s Kostec medical monitors provide ultimate HD imaging for endoscopic and surgical image systems with its full product line, from 19″ SXGA to 84″ UHD solutions, a variety of analog/digital input and output connectivity and BLT (Brightness Levelling Technology). Surgeons, doctors, medical professionals and system integrators will be able to find high-quality and budget-friendly solutions for any applications in OR environments.
“Advantech is proud to showcase its 2018 lineup that will enable hospitals and healthcare systems to successfully advance their operations,” says Tim Mitchell, Advantech’s Healthcare Vertical Sales Manager. “Disruptive innovations advancing precision medicine as well as predictive and prescriptive analytics are rapidly transforming the healthcare industry. With smart technology including secure, long-lasting and high-quality embedded and connected products and solutions, Advantech is providing tremendous value to doctors, nurses and healthcare administrators while improving the patient experience.”
HIMSS18 brings together more than 40,000 health IT professionals, clinicians, executives and vendors from around the world, with exceptional education, world-class speakers, innovative health IT products and powerful networking. In addition to having exclusive access to Advantech’s full breadth of automation expertise, conference attendees will have the opportunity to experience Advantech’s leading-edge, ruggedized healthcare technology solutions driven by industry talent that has engineered some of the most advanced designs, components and testing capabilities since 1983.