The report “Automotive Sensors Market: By Type (Pressure, Temperature, Speed, Oxygen, NOx, Position); By Application (Fuel Injection & Emission, Chassis, Engine, Powertrain, Safety, Telematics); By Vehicle Type – With Forecast (2017 – 2022)”, published by IndustryARC, estimates that the Asia-Pacific will grab the largest share by the end of the forecast period in 2022.
Scope & Regional Forecast of the Automotive Sensors Market
Sensors are type of transducers which detect the difference in its environment due to mechanical change and transfer it as electric signal to the concerned component. Sensors are installed in all vehicles to ensure reliability of the vehicle and safety of the passenger. Some of the areas where sensors aid safety and comfort are in collision avoidance systems, safety measures such as inflation of airbags during emergency, telematics, measurement in HVAC applications, optimization of fuel injection, anti-theft and many more.
Sensors such as pressure sensors, position sensors, temperature sensors, speed sensors, MEMS sensors and others majorly find application in powertrain. The powertrain uses maximum number of sensors but the growth rate of sensors used for safety & control will be highest during the forecast period.
Sensors in automotive are used to make driving easy and safe. Some of the areas where sensors aid safety and comfort are in collision avoidance systems, safety measures such as inflation of airbags during emergency, telematics, measurement in HVAC applications, optimization of fuel injection, anti-theft and many more. Various sensors such as pressure sensors, temperature sensors, position sensors, speed sensors, oxygen sensors, NOx sensors and other safety sensors are used in automotive for passenger safety and vehicle security.
Segmentations & Key Players Involved in the Automotive Sensors Market
The Automotive Sensors Market can be broken down into various segmentations on the basis of –
- Product Type: Pressure Sensors (Air conditioning Pressure Sensor, Fuel Pressure Sensor, Oil Pressure Sensor, Manifold Pressure Sensor, Others), Temperature Sensors, Level Sensors, Speed Sensors, Oxygen Sensors, NOx Sensors, Position Sensors, Magnetic Sensors, Inertial Sensors, MEMS Sensors, Safety Sensors (RADAR Sensors, Ultrasonic Sensors, Infrared Sensors, Image Sensors, LIDAR Sensors) and Others.
- Working Principle: Capacitive, Inductive, Magnetic, Optical and Piezoelectric.
- Application: Fuel Injection and Emission, Chassis, Engine, Powertrain, Safety & Control, Telematics, Vehicle Security and Others.
- Vehicle Type: Cars (Hatchback Cars, Sedan Cars, Coupes, Wagons, SUV), Trucks (Light light-duty truck, Light-duty truck, Heavy light-duty truck, Heavy-duty vehicle) Buses and Two-wheelers.
- Geographical Location: Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe and Rest of the World.
Some of the key players involved in the Automotive Sensors Market are as follows:
Custom Sensors & Technologies, Inc.
Delphi Automotive Systems, LLC
Sensata Technologies Holding N.V.
Texas Instruments, Inc.
TRW Automotive, Inc.
Voxx International Corporation
Infineon Technologies AG
Measurement Specialties, Inc.
Analog Devices, Inc.
Asahi Kasei Corporation
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Automotive Sensors Market.
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change.
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands.
- A five-year forecast method is used in order to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
IndustryARC is a research and consulting firm that publishes more than 500 Reports Annually in various industries, such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food & Beverages, Information Technology, Life sciences & Healthcare.