Willow introduced at CES 2017 the first all-in-one breast pump that cuts the cords, ditches the dangling bottles, and fits easily inside a bra. Mobile, discreet, and hands-free, Willow allows women to achieve their breastfeeding goals without pressing pause on their own lives. Willow’s design completely reimagines the breast pump, bringing humanity and dignity to the pumping experience, so women no longer need to be tethered to the wall and undressed while they pump.
All moms want to give their baby the best start in life; for many women that’s breastfeeding. However, this is the moment when life speeds up and multi-tasking hits high gear. Breast pumping has been a helpful aid, but moms told us they faced challenges with the current solutions. In a proprietary research study by Willow, 89 percent of moms claimed that their dream pump would be hands-free and wouldn’t involve a cumbersome special bra and 67 percent said their ideal pump wouldn’t require them to undress. So Willow designed a pump to fit conveniently into a woman’s bra to allow her to pump discreetly while dressed. And for the 44 percent of moms who wished they didn’t have to be connected to a machine that limited their mobility, the Willow pump leaves behind the external tubes, cords, and clunky machines so busy, multi-tasking moms can pump wherever the day takes them.
“We knew there had to be a better solution,” said John Chang, Chief Technology Officer for Willow. “We believe in designing with our ears. We listen, really listen to moms and what they need. I am so proud of the Willow team. We are a mission-driven group of mothers, fathers and experienced inventors who created a better solution for moms’ needs.”
Willow works quietly and discreetly inside a woman’s bra, collects milk in an enclosed leak-proof bag and tracks milk volume with an app.
- Mobile: Moms can play with their kids, keep working at their desks, run an errand or even lie down. With Willow there are no dangling bottles, external tubes or cords to hold her back.
- Discreet: Willow’s natural shape fits discreetly in a bra and pumps so quietly that mom can even take a conference call without pressing the mute button.
- Simple: Only a few parts to put together, including two dishwasher-safe units to clean for easy set-up and fast cleanup.
- Intuitive: So smart, it senses let-down and automatically transitions to expression phase according to each woman’s unique body and milk production and timing.
- Smart: Willow is connected to an app that tracks milk volume and time, as well as past pumping trends.
“Current breast pumps require women to step out of life. Willow lets women live their lives,” said Naomi Kelman, CEO and President of Willow. “We believe in bringing dignity and humanity to the breast pumping experience, because women shouldn’t have to undress or give up who they are – or how they move – to be a mom.”
Named with a nod to the willow tree that is strong and nurturing while able to bend to great challenges, Willow is FDA-cleared and will be available this spring with a suggested retail price of $429. Go to willowpump.com to sign up to receive updates on availability and to learn more about this new-to-the-world breast pump.
What else is IoT focused at CES? Visit our CES 2017 – IoT – Internet of Things page.