Zebra Technologies Corporation released survey results finding that most manufacturers (97 percent) consider the Internet of Things (IoT) to be one of the most impactful technological initiatives in their industry. Most respondents expect IoT to provide operational and actionable data on location and condition which will enhance supply chains, mitigate loss and risk and empower process and cost optimization so they can improve operations and asset utilization as well as enhance customer service.
- 83 percent of surveyed manufacturers either already have IoT implementations in place or plans to deploy within a year.
- Wi-Fi, real-time locating systems (RTLS), security sensors, barcodes, GPS and mobile computers were cited as the most important technologies for enabling IoT solutions.
- Less than five percent of respondents believe the manufacturing industry is not prepared to make the changes required to implement IoT solutions.
- Half of the surveyed manufacturers cited cost concerns as the largest barrier to adopting IoT solutions while 46 percent indicated privacy and security concerns along with integration challenges.
- In November 2014, Zebra released global findings from Forrester Consulting on the adoption of IoT across numerous industries, surveying IT and business decision makers from nearly 600 global firms.
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces. For more information, visit www.zebra.com.