At Mobile World Congress 2017, Coriant unveiled the Coriant Hyperscale Carrier Architecture™, a cost-disruptive approach to building high performance networks optimized for emerging 5G, Internet of Things (IoT), Internet video, and cloud services. The Hyperscale Carrier Architecture (HCA) represents a quantum leap forward in network innovation by delivering a minimum 50% lower network cost structure to carriers and content providers as compared with conventional approaches.
The Coriant Hyperscale Carrier Architecture™ brings together the best of telecom and the best of data center technologies and network design principles in a unified go-forward architecture optimized for 5G, IoT, and the unabated surge of Internet video traffic. The HCA is a holistic architecture covering transport, packet and routing end-to-end from subscriber access all the way to the peering point.
“We have been working toward the HCA vision for some time and are now sharing the details of the architecture and its components with customers worldwide for their input as well as the optimal path for operationalization of HCA’s disruptive innovation in their networks. We are very excited with the customer feedback on HCA thus far across North America, EMEA, APAC and Latin America, and look forward to expanding our HCA engagements starting right here at Mobile World Congress,” said Shaygan Kheradpir, CEO of Coriant.
The simplified, scalable, and highly programmable Hyperscale Carrier Architecture achieves cost savings of 50% or more by leveraging the dramatic changes in underlying network traffic dynamics together with five key recent technological advances: purpose-built hyperscale system design; cost-optimized integration of IP into optical systems via Coriant Light IP™; silicon photonics economics; open systems; and SDN/NFV with next-gen-OSS enabled for extreme automation and deep programmability.
Coriant welcomes customers to our MWC 2017 showcase (Hall 2, Stand 2I30), where we will feature proven technology innovations and best-in-class solutions that underpin the Coriant HCA, including:
- Integrated multi-layer, multi-vendor automation and control powered by the Coriant Transcend™ SDN solution
- Policy-based network optimization for performance-sensitive Internet of Things (IoT), VoIP, and virtual mobile applications
- 5G-optimized mobile backhaul enabled by the scalable and power-efficient Coriant® 8600 Smart Router Series
- Game-changing hyperscale innovation enabled by the industry-leading Coriant Groove™ G30 Network Disaggregation Platform (NDP)
- Best-in-class coherent optical transmission for scalable, robust, and power-efficient transport, powered by the 400G-capable Coriant CloudWave™ Optics solution
- Universal switching and transport for flexible and future-proof metro and long haul networks, powered by the Coriant® mTera® Universal Transport Platform
- Open and purpose-built systems, including the DCI-optimized Coriant® 7300 OLS and Groove G30 OLS, a plug-and-play optical layer solution that provides 3X the density over comparable offerings
- Metro network flexibility enabled by the Coriant® Pluggable Optical Layer and feature-rich Coriant® 7100 Packet Optical Transport Platform