Culligan has built its first smart home product on the Ayla IoT platform. Using the new Culligan Connect™ for HE, homeowners can monitor and control their Culligan High-Efficiency (HE) water softeners remotely, from anywhere in the world—and Culligan dealers can monitor system status and provide more proactive service to homeowners.
“Ayla’s extensive expertise, breadth of IoT technology and experience with leading appliance brands made us confident their IoT infrastructure could manage uptime, security, scalability and all the other capabilities necessary for a successful smart home product,” said Zach Schroeck, director of retail and product management for Culligan International. “Now that we have our first connected product on the market, we look forward to expanding our connected capabilities throughout our product portfolio.”
Culligan Connect systems use Ayla embedded agents to connect via Wi-Fi to the Ayla cloud, and Culligan used Ayla’s Agile Mobile Application Platform (AMAP) to design its mobile app.
“Culligan has designed an elegant two-phase interface to leverage the IoT data generated by their connected water softeners: a mobile app for end customers and a web-based portal for dealers,” said David Friedman, CEO and co-founder of Ayla Networks. “The Culligan Connect product takes full advantage of the Ayla IoT platform to deliver a smart home appliance that will add real value for both homeowners and Culligan dealers.”
Culligan Connect Benefits Extend to Homeowners and Dealers
Easily installed by a trained local technician, the Culligan Connect Wi-Fi accessory can help homeowners:
- Gain peace of mind while at home or away by being able to control their water softener system through a mobile device.
- Conserve water and energy by tracking water usage.
- Choose to bypass treated water for outdoor cleaning and watering applications.
- Receive push notifications or alerts when salt supplies are low or if there’s unexpected water flow when residents are away from home.
Culligan dealers can use the IoT data generated through the Culligan Connect accessory to:
- Monitor the status and settings of connected water softeners easily, from their desks.
- Receive diagnostic and system status reports and error alerts remotely, at any time.
- Track usage data to make sure the system is sized correctly and to predict when it’s time to regenerate the salts.
- Contact customers when there’s a problem rather than waiting for customers to contact them.
- Proactively schedule service visits based on individual customers’ needs.
- Save time and costs by knowing the nature of system errors before sending a truck to the customer’s home.
The Culligan Connect accessory is currently compatible with Culligan high-efficiency (HE) water softeners in the United States and Canada. Users can download the free mobile app via the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.