If you’ve clicked around the portal, you’ve probably noticed that we are a Miami, FL based company that qualifies as a Veteran Owned Small Business. Having honorably served in the United States Marine Corps does have its privileges, no doubt!
This past week, on FBO.gov, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) put out a first call for proposals is looking for solutions to improve situational awareness and security measures for protecting Internet of Things (IoT) domains. You can find more information under Other Transaction Solicitation HSHQDC-16-R-B0005.
Advantages of the OTS framework include:
- A streamlined application process;
- Fast-track selection timelines;
- Expedited funds transfer;
- Rapid operator feedback and no dilution of ownership; and
- Potential follow-on funding will be provided for promising prototypes
What exactly is DHS looking for? 3 areas:
- DETECT, the ability to know what IoT devices and components are connected to a given network or system;
- AUTHENTICATE, the ability to verify the provenance of IoT components and prevent and detect spoofing; and
- UPDATE, IoT security programs must include the ability to securely maintain and upgrade these components.
Good luck to all applicants!