DigiCert CertCentral, a comprehensive digital certificate management platform, has again been named an award winner for Best New Security Product, this time by the American Business Awards. Stevie® Award winners will be recognized at a special event June 20 in New York City.
CertCentral helps organizations secure their web-connected deployments with an intuitive, cloud-based portal that handles all aspects of the digital certificate management lifecycle. Using CertCentral’s features, including access to a highly responsive and flexible REST API capable of supporting billions of active certificates, a rapidly increasing number of Fortune 1000 and other globally leading companies are working with DigiCert to enhance enterprise and Internet of Things (IoT) security.
“We’re honored to receive additional independent recognition of the feature-rich and value-enhanced capability of CertCentral to benefit enterprises in their certificate management efforts,” said DigiCert CSO Jason Sabin. “CertCentral is designed to help enterprise security teams by simplifying their processes and driving efficiencies through automation. We built this product in consultation with many leading enterprise security executives, and we continue to make improvements based upon real business needs.”
Market forces and user privacy concerns are advancing the push toward a fully encrypted web. Equally as important as encryption is strong authentication to validate online identities. DigiCert follows the strictest identity verification procedures of certificate applicants to go beyond basic domain validation. Additionally, security events like Heartbleed demonstrate the value and importance of organizations having real-time analysis of all certificates deployed for their organization, including proper configuration and deployment. CertCentral unifies certificate lifecycle management in one intuitive portal.
CertCentral automation and real-time insights help reduce human errors and the hours spent on manual processes. CertCentral closes the security gaps often caused by negligence, ignorance or rogue actions of employees not authorized to issue certificates by IT.
CertCentral addresses all aspects of the certificate management lifecycle, including:
- Discovery: Organizations can view all of their SSL/TLS certificates and endpoints, regardless of issuer, to determine where deployed, licensing period, potential vulnerabilities, and other key data.
- Procurement: Administrators can automate and control procurement and budgeting through access to smart tools and responsive APIs.
- Deployment: Using a proprietary Express Install™ command, IT departments can speed up and simplify certificate installation on devices and servers, using established processes that eliminate human error and ensure optimized configuration.
- Management: Staff can control costs, improve inventory and drive accountability through custom workflows, instant issuance, auditing, and more. Pre-purchase approvals drive efficiency in advance of major deployments.
- Monitoring: Accessing Google Certificate Transparency logs (including the one DigiCert operates) and other proprietary resources, administrators gain access to all certificates – authorized or not – issued to their domains and derivatives. Certificate Monitoring™ can help identify mis-issuance, rogue certificates and phishing attempts to stop them at early stages.
- Analysis: Organizations can use smart agents found in the DigiCert® Certificate Inspector to view all TLS/SSL certificates and endpoints in real-time. This tool alerts administrators to problem areas that might be out of compliance with best practices and recommends remediation steps.
- Remediation: The platform suggests proper mitigation steps to guide best practices for using the right protocols, cipher suites, hashing algorithms and a host of other areas that affect certificate and endpoint security.
For the latest DigiCert news and updates, visit digicert.com