- This event has passed.
Connections Summit 2018
January 9, 2018
Parks Associates will host CONNECTIONS™ Summit: IoT and the Smart Home on January 9 at CES® 2018, at the Venetian, Level 4, Marcello, 4405 in Las Vegas. Throughout CES, the research firm will be at booth #40562 at the Sands Expo.
“Smart home markets made tremendous progress in 2017, so our focus now is to examine the innovations for 2018 to determine how well they will match consumer expectations for a seamless, intuitive smart home experience,” said Elizabeth Parks, SVP, Parks Associates.
CONNECTIONS™ Summit topics include strategies to improve the user experience, leading value propositions for smart products and services, new partnership opportunities, and the impact of AI and data analytics within the smart home ecosystem.
CONNECTIONS™ Summit sponsors include Homematic IP, Vivint Smart Home, Brilliant, Carrier, Chamberlain Group, Cirrent, Deutsche Telekom, Greenwave Systems, Hive, Intel, iQor, LUX Products, mnubo, NXP, Plasmatic Technologies, Prodea, ROC-Connect, and Zigbee Alliance.
Parks Associates research of U.S. broadband households finds:
- 44% use voice controls on Internet-connected devices.
- 49% want the ability to monitor and adjust their thermostat remotely.
- 44% have two or more connected video entertainment devices.
- Roughly 50% are willing to share data from smart devices for discounts on electricity.
- Over 50% find voice control appealing for entertainment and smart home devices.
- 40% are very interested in having voice control in their vehicles.
- eQ-3 AG—Bernd Grohmann, EVP
- ADT—Jay Darfler, SVP, Emerging Markets
- Alarm.com—Lainie Muller, Director Wellness
- Brilliant—Aaron Emigh, CEO & Co-founder
- Carrier—Pamela Hoppel, Senior Director, Product Marketing
- Centrica Connected Home (Hive)—Nina Bhatia, Managing Director
- Chamberlain—Martin Heckmann, Director, Emerging Business
- Cirrent—Rob Conant, CEO
- Comcast—Scott Boyarsky, VP, Digital Home Products
- Comcast—Neal Foster, VP, Product Management, Xfinity Home
- CUJO AI Platform—Leon Kuperman, CTO
- Deutsche Telekom AG—Thomas Rockmann, VP Connected Home
- GE Lighting—Jeff Patton, GM Connected Home Product Management & Innovation
- Google—Mark Spates, Product Lead, Smart Home
- Greenwave Systems—Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist
- HelloTech—Richard Wolpert, Co-Founder & CEO
- Intel—Miles Kingston, GM, Smart Home Group
- iQor—Gary Praznik, COO, Retail and Consumer Services
- Lutron Electronics—Matthew Swatsky, VP-Residential Mid-Market Business
- LUX Products—Rob Munin, CEO
- mnubo—Aditya Pendyala, Co-founder & Head of Growth
- Nest Labs—Jeff Hamel, Head, Energy Partnerships
- NXP—Sami Nassar, VP, Cybersecurity
- Omron Healthcare—Ranndy Kellogg, President and CEO
- People Power—Stuart Sikes, VP Business Development & Strategy
- Plasmatic Technologies—Tony Mauro, CTO
- Prodea Systems—Peter Radsliff, VP Marketing
- ROC-Connect—Marcus Scheiber, CEO
- Samsung Electronics America—Nana Murugesan, VP & GM, Services & New Business
- Samsung Electronics America—Michael Lawder, SVP, Customer Care
- Samsung SmartThings—Brett Worthington, VP, Global Business Development & Partnerships
- Sensory—Todd Mozer, CEO
- Sleep Number—Annie Bloomquist, Chief Product Officer
- Trusource Labs—Alton Martin, Co-Founder/Chief Evangelist
- Vivint Smart Home—Jeremy Warren, CTO
- Whisker Labs—Amena Ali, CRO
- Zigbee Alliance—Tobin Richardson, President & CEO