- This event has passed.
IoT: LoRa Technology Introduction and Solution Testing
January 27, 2017 @ 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM PST
Semtech will discuss LoRa® Wireless RF Technology and low power, wide area networks (LPWANs) for the Internet of Things (IoT), in a live webcast on Friday, Jan. 27, at 10:00 a.m. PST. The webcast, titled “IoT: LoRa Technology Introduction and Solution Testing,” is geared toward engineers interested in learning how LoRa Technology specifically caters to LPWANs and IoT applications and about various test methods for LoRa-enabled devices.
“Semtech’s LoRa Technology is an open-standard solution for IoT that gives network operators and sensor manufacturers the feature set needed to deploy cost-efficient IoT infrastructure and products that meet the demands of today’s businesses, consumers and government agencies,” said Vivek Mohan, Director of Wireless Products for Semtech’s Wireless and Sensing Products Group. “This joint webcast with Keysight will give an overview of LoRa Technology and discuss its role in the acceleration of IoT to create a smarter planet.”
Semtech will discuss the benefits of LoRa Technology including its unprecedented range, low battery power requirements, GPS-free geolocation capability, and high sensor capacity. LoRa-based IoT networks and products are deployed in over 50 countries worldwide, giving enterprises, government agencies and consumers access to smart, data-driven solutions for manual business processes, day-to-day consumer and enterprise inefficiencies, environmental conservation, and public safety.
Keysight Technologies will demonstrate various test methods for LoRa-based transceivers to give attendees a comprehensive overview of the resources available to implement LoRa Technology for IoT applications.
Mr. Mohan has extensive experience working in various product marketing and applications engineering management positions responsible for wireless products. He, along with Ian Reading, Industry Segment Planner for Keysight Technologies, will present during the webcast.
Key Features of LoRa Technology:
- Long Range: A single base station using LoRa Technology enables deep penetration capability for dense urban environments and indoor coverage, while also providing the ability to connect to sensors more than 15-30 miles away in rural areas.
- Low Power: The LoRaWAN protocol was developed specifically for low power and enables unprecedented battery lifetime of up to 20 years depending on the application.
- Geolocation: Enables tracking applications without GPS or additional power consumption.
- Low Cost: LoRa Technology reduces up front infrastructure investments and operating costs, as well as end-node sensor costs.
- Open Standard: The LoRaWAN protocol ensures interoperability among applications, IoT solution providers and telecom operators to speed adoption and deployment.