- This event has passed.
The IoT Show Asia
September 1, 2016 - September 2, 2016
Over the recent years, there has been much hype about the benefits and possibilities of the Internet of Things, drones and smart cities. With more announcements for smart cities being made over the past couple of years, how do we transform into smart cities of the future? How should we adapt ourselves for this fourth industrial revolution?
Opening The IoT Show Asia 2016 on 1 September at Suntec Singapore, Martin Ford, Author of The Rise of the Robots and Winner of The FT & Mckinsey Business Book Of The Year 2015 will depict the profound impact of the forthcoming technology revolution on us all and how we need to adapt our skills development and mind-set as we enter a new industrial age, following the biggest societal shift since the industrial revolution.
Preparing for that future, the smart city keynote panel will highlight the preparations underway to transform into smarter cities of the future. Leading the panel discussion is Mr Wilson Ang, Director – Technology Solution Division, Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA), Mr Frans-Anton Vermast, Senior Strategy Advisor for Low Carbon and Connected Urban Planning, Amsterdam Smart City, Mr Rasmus Bertelsen, Smart City Advisor, City of Copenhagen and Mr Setiaji, Head of Jakarta Smart City Management Unit,Jakarta Capital City Government.
The IoT Show will address new business possibilities and deployment challenges of IoT in 4 specific B2B applications of Smart Cities, Smart Manufacturing, Smart Logistics and Smart Worksites. Joining Mr Ford, Mr Ang, Mr Vermast, Mr Bertelsen and Mr Setiaji will be a host of leading speakers from these sectors including:
- Bertil Brandin, Group Vice President, Country Service Manager Singapore and Regional Service Manager Southeast Asia, ABB
- Indranil Sen, General Manager, Supply Chain Management, APRIL Fine Paper Trading
- Axel Pannes, Managing Director, BMW Group Asia
- Claus J. Nehmzow, Digital Innovation Organization, BP
- Andre Blumberg, Director – Information Technology, CLP Power Hong Kong
- Lo Kien Foh, Managing Director, Continental Automotive Singapore
- Manish Kumar, Senior Vice President – Head IT, Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System
- Cheng Jang Thye, Chief Architect and Head, IoT Solution Centre, Fujitsu Singapore
- Steven Rutgers, IoT Director – Asia Pacific, Inmarsat Enterprise, Inmarsat
- Paolo Montrone, Senior Vice President – Sea Logistics South Asia Pacific Region, Kuehne+Nagel
- Carly Cummings, Chief Information Officer, Asia, Linfox International Group
- Sirish Batchu, Head – Infotronics Technology & Advance Electronics, Mahindra & Mahindra
- Lai Teck Chong, Chief Information Officer, NYK Automotive Logistics (China)
- Yeoh Pit Wee, Director of Operations, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), Rockwell Automation
- Bert Deprest, Vice President of Energy Solutions, Senoko Energy
- Ramesh Narayanaswamy, Chief Information Officer, Singapore Post
- Keshminder Singh, Lead, Digital Innovation Strategy & Architecture, Petronas
- Mikael Lindholm, Vice President and Head of APAC, Telenor Connexion
- Christopher Buono, Vice President, Information Technology, Asia Pacific, UPS
- Sunil Banthiya, Regional Manufacturing & Supply Chain Head, South East Asia, 3M
Alongside the conference is an exhibition that brings the entire eco-system together: platforms, integrators, cloud infrastructure, sensors, chips, components, devices, semiconductors, security, big data, regulators, financiers, investors and big brands. Amongst the exhibitors include key industry players such as TUV SUD Asia Pacific, UL International and IDENTIV, amongst others.