- This event has passed.
RFID Journal LIVE! 2017
May 9, 2017 - May 11, 2017
RFID Journal LIVE! is the world’s largest and most important event focused on radio frequency identification and related technologies. Now in its 15th year, LIVE! features more than 200 exhibitors from around the world. The conference program, which features more than 100 sessions—including more than 50 new end-user case studies—is comprised of pre-conference seminars, the main conference (keynotes and tracks) and post-conference master classes and workshops.
The following preconference seminars and workshops will all take place on May 9:
- Item-Level Retail and Apparel Workshop: Retailers worldwide are employing RFID to track individual items, thereby improving inventory accuracy and enabling them to have products on shelves when customers want to buy them. Retailers and brand owners will learn where the benefits are and how to achieve them.
- RFID in Energy, Mining & Construction: This seminar will educate attendees about the durable tags on the market and how to evaluate them for particular applications. It will also show how companies in oil and gas, chemical, mining, construction and manufacturing are successfully using RFID in harsh environments for tracking assets, personnel safety and equipment maintenance, as well as other applications.
- RFID for IT Professionals: The presenter will describe how to build a complete software architecture, as well as the various architecture and product choices that an IT architect faces in building and deploying a successful system.
- RFID for Warehouse and Inventory Management: Participants will learn about specific RFID technologies for warehouse and inventory management within the supply chain, and explain how to build an RFID portal for automated receiving and inventory tracking.
- Packaging and Label Converter Workshop: This workshop, presented by Avery Dennison, will offer packaging and label companies advice on how to build a successful RFID strategy to meet their customers’ needs. Experts will explore the trends and demands shaping the future of RFID and provide insights into selecting the appropriate inlays, best practices for the converting process and how to test whether converted labels are functioning properly before they are shipped.
- Managing Medical Devices via RFID: Attendees of this seminar will learn how to evaluate tags for tracking medical devices, as well as key issues that need to be considered when choosing software and integrating RFID data with existing back-end systems.
- Bluetooth Beacon Application Workshop: Beacon applications range from manufacturing, asset tracking, wayfinding, retail merchandising, ad targeting and attribution, through to a role in the new National Emergency Address Database. This one-day workshop, being presented by beacon expert Steve Statler, will enable attendees to develop beacon applications.
- RFID Journal University: This seminar is designed to provide those new to radio frequency identification with the foundational knowledge necessary to begin understanding how RFID can be applied to solve specific business problems.
This year’s event will feature eight industry-specific tracks covering aerospace and defense, retail and apparel, health care and pharmaceuticals, manufacturing and the Internet of Things. Other tracks will cover the use of RFID for supply chain and logistics operations, as well as the technology and infrastructure required for RFID data collection, and innovative uses of RFID.
RFID Journal LIVE! 2017 features two fast-track training courses, in partnership with RFID4U, on May 9:
Fast-Track RFID Professional Institute Certified Associate Training
This advanced, one-day fast-track course, featuring the latest equipment and relevant RFID deployment scenarios, provides a solid foundation to design, install, configure, monitor and troubleshoot an RFID deployment and prepare participants for the RFID Professional Institute Certified Associate exam. The exam will be delivered onsite at RFID Journal LIVE! 2017, so you can get trained and certified during the event.
The main conference opens on May 9 with two afternoon keynote addresses, followed by a cocktail reception in the exhibit hall. There will be three more keynote addresses by leading end users on the morning of May 10. These sessions describe some of the world’s largest, most sophisticated or most innovative RFID deployments to date, and show how the technology is being used across major industries.