- This event has passed.
Samsung: Internet of Things – Transforming the Future
June 21, 2016
On June 21, 2016, Samsung will host its inaugural “Internet of Things – Transforming the Future” conference at The Washington Post Conference Center, during which the company will lay out its vision for a human-centered approach to the Internet of Things (IoT) that focuses on the outcomes the technology will create for people and societies across the globe. As IoT is the connective tissue that brings the physical and digital world together into a system for smarter living, Samsung is hosting the event and convening leaders from government and industry to ensure that the rapid expansion of IoT benefits everyone, everywhere through the transformative power of innovation. The Washington, DC event will be the beginning of an international series of dialogues on IoT.
- Tuesday, June 21, 2016; 8:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- The Washington Post Conference Center; 1301 K Street NW, Washington, DC 20071
- Oh-Hyun Kwon, Vice Chairman and CEO, Samsung Electronics
- Dean Garfield, President and CEO, Information Technology Industry Council (ITI)
- Doug Davis, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Internet of Things Group, Intel Corporation
- Congressman Darrell Issa (R-CA)
- Curtis Sasaki, Vice President of Ecosystems and IoT General Manager, Samsung Strategy and Innovation Center (SSIC)
- Wonkyong Kim, Executive Vice President for Government Affairs, Samsung Electronics America
- John Godfrey, Senior Vice President for Government Affairs, Samsung Electronics America and more.
From accessibility and aging in place to smart cities and global transportation, IoT has the power and potential to truly transform the world in which we live. The half-day Samsung event will bring together leading consumer, industry and government stakeholders to discuss the many ways IoT can benefit society, and tackle the challenges that remain. Following the Vice Chairman’s keynote speech, the conference will feature multiple panels engaging in a cross-sector dialogue about IoT technology and the path forward. The keynote and panel discussions are OPEN PRESS for credentialed media.