- This event has passed.
A Free Live Webinar – IoT: Something New Emerges from the Confusion
November 29, 2016
Internet of Things: Something New Emerges from the Confusion
By Dr Peter Harrop, Chairman, IDTechEx
This webinar shares some of the research carried out for the new IDTechEx report, Internet of Things (IoT) 2017-2027. It covers definitions, potential applications, key players, node and system design, forecasts and road map on the IoT.
This IoT themed webinar will include:
- What is genuinely new in the IoT world
- Massive investment in solving the problems and in buying promising companies
- Few volume deployments yet most forecasters grimly stick to huge forecasts approaching like a cliff wall
- The easy problem of definitions and potential applications
- The tough problems of standards, inter-operability, very low node prices while making disposable and fit-and-forget, longer range, collaborating nodes with transceivers, ever more sensors and more processing yet suitable for sale in billions
- The nightmare of IoT security breaches with smart things
- How a useful new market is emerging anyway.
Space is limited – Register now, if you have not already done so!
IDTechEx will be holding exactly the same webinar twice in one day. Please register for whichever session is most convenient for you.
Please note that your details may be shared with our sponsors.
Date: Tuesday 29 November 2016
Duration: 30 minutes plus 10 minutes for Q&A
Webinar #1: Europe & Asia-Pacific
9:30am (GMT) London
10:30am (GMT +1) Amsterdam, Berlin, Rome
11:30am (GMT +2) Athens, Jerusalem, Moscow
4:30pm (GMT +7) Bangkok
5:30pm (GMT+8) Singapore, Taipei, Beijing
6:30pm (GMT+9) Tokyo, Seoul
8:30pm (GMT+11) Canberra
Register for #1 here
Webinar #2: Americas
9:00am (Pacific ST) USA & Canada
10:00am (Mountain ST) USA & Canada
11:00am (Central ST) USA & Canada
12:00noon (Eastern ST) USA & Canada
5:00pm (GMT) London
Register for #2 here
Contact the team
UK: +44 (0)1223 812300