Extreme Networks, Inc. announced it has expanded its wireless portfolio with high-density 802.11ac Wave 2 access points (APs) to address the network demands driven by mobility, smart devices and the rapidly expanding wireless enabled internet of things (IoT). Using Extreme’s unique flow-based technology, the new access points deliver location based application analytics while also providing the upgraded speed, additional capacity and enhanced security available through 802.11ac Wave 2 technology. Extreme’s end-to-end portfolio of wireless, wired, software and security solutions allows organizations to pair unified high-density switching with Wave 2 APs to unlock the total capabilities offered by the 802.11ac technology standard, and meet the needs of a diverse and rapidly increasing number of users, devices and applications.
- Flow-based AP Technology – Extreme’s newest flow-based access points are built on over a decade of proven flow-based switching experience. Application flow processing embedded natively in the APs provides real-time visibility of mobile application usage, network response times and application response times without sacrificing performance to thousands of applications. The combined solution of ExtremeWireless and ExtremeAnalytics extends application visibility and control all the way to the wireless edge, providing even higher levels of security and control of network resources than previously possible.
- Indoor & Outdoor APs – The ExtremeWireless AP3935i/e Indoor and AP3965i/e Outdoor access points deliver exceptional performance and higher speeds via dual Gigabit Ethernet ports to provide greater connectivity for more users and devices with higher resiliency. The Outdoor AP is also available with an indoor or outdoor antenna configuration for increased flexibility.
- MU-MIMO – ExtremeWireless 802.11ac Wave 2 access points provide multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO) technology and may deliver an increase of up to 20 percent more packet processing power and up to a 50 percent increase in overall throughput than previous generations. This allows the network to provide a consistent experience to more concurrent users and devices for high-density BYOD and IoT deployments.
- Voice over WLAN – Grants mobile customers the ability to utilize the WLAN for voice services.
- HotSpot 2.0 – Allows for seamless and secure roaming and data off-loading between Cellular and Wi-Fi networks, ideal for high-density environments such as college campuses, hospitality, stadiums and venues.
About Extreme Networks
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) delivers software-driven networking solutions that help IT departments everywhere deliver the ultimate business outcome: stronger connections with customers, partners and employees. Wired to wireless, desktop to datacenter, we go to extreme measures for our 20,000-plus customers in more than 80 countries, delivering 100% insourced support to organizations large and small, including some of the world’s leading names in business, education, government, healthcare, manufacturing and hospitality. Founded in 1996, Extreme is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, visit Extreme’s website or call 1-888-257-3000.
Extreme Networks, the Extreme Networks logo, ExtremeWireless, and ExtremeAnalytics are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Extreme Networks, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.