FEV North America, Inc. (FEV) announced that the company will expand its presence at the annual Consumer Electronics Show, the annual event that showcases the newest advanced consumer technologies, including technologies integrated into automobiles.
For the 2016 show, FEV will participate in the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Connect2Vehicle series. FEV will be a presenter in the Automated Driving – Driven by the IoT! panel that explores the swift evolution of cars from stand-alone mechanical products to smart electronic products, and on to connected-smart-products, fueling autonomous driving and the integration of automotive and consumer electronics into the Internet of Things.
Stephan Tarnutzer, FEV vice president of Electronics, represents the company on the panel, where he will discuss ADAS/AD/Connectivity components and complete end-to-end system design as well as integration and validation, including functional safety considerations.
In addition to its participation on this notable panel, FEV will also host its annual technology Hospitality Suite, where guests can look into the future of the connected vehicle through various displays and demonstrations.
Specific technology displays and demonstrations include:
- FEV Cyber Security demonstration
- Advanced automated Voice Recognition, Human Machine Interface, and Telematics system testing
- Advanced Driver Assistance System detection technology demonstration
- First ever OEM voice recognition benchmarking study results
- Digital Forensics Vehicle Platform Analysis
- A-pillar Blind Spot Elimination Technology
- Connected Vehicle Seat 2.0
- Functional Safety for Connected Vehicles and Infotainment
- IoT and Car2X – FEV’s city-e
- OEM proven FEV process that assist in design, integration and validation of end-to-end vehicle systems
- Industry first predictive vehicle electrical load management
- Speedpass+ Mobile Payment and customized fuel automotive HU Apps demo (sponsored by ExxonMobil)
- Gamified EcoCoaching – the exclusive North American Release of global study.
FEV’s presence during CES is part of the company’s strategic growth path designed to integrate its traditional core competencies of driveline testing and benchmarking, and automotive electronics including battery technology development, into the expanding connected vehicle and IoT environment. As it expands its role in this space, FEV offers strengths in:
- Automotive Control Units
- Vehicle/component integration
- Functional safety management
- Automated test equipment
- Hybrid and EV electronics and powertrain
- System integration and validation
- Engineering support and consulting
About FEV Group
The FEV Group is an internationally recognized powertrain and vehicle engineering company that supports the global transportation industry. FEV offers a complete range of engineering services, providing support across the globe to customers in the design, analysis, prototyping, powertrain and transmission development, as well as vehicle integration, calibration and homologation for advanced internal combustion gasoline-, diesel-, and alternative-fueled powertrains. FEV also designs, develops and prototypes advanced vehicle / powertrain electronic control systems and hybrid-electric engine concepts that address future emission and fuel economy standards. The company has expanded its engineering capabilities to include full vehicle systems and now offers broad expertise in electronics, telematics and infotainment system engineering. The FEV Testing Solutions division is a global supplier of advanced test cell, instrumentation and test equipment. The FEV Group employs a staff of over 4,000 highly skilled specialists at advanced technical centers on three continents. FEV North America, Inc. employs over 450 personnel in its North American Technical Center in Auburn Hills, MI.