Gourmia™ is set to make a big smart splash during its first appearance at the International Home + Housewares Show in Chicago’s McCormick Place. The company is primed to help every cook – whether a seasoned veteran or a nervous novice – become a smart cook.
Using the latest IoT technology, including Alexa, Google Home and voice commands, the new Gourmia mobile kitchen app directly links enabled company products to the user’s smartphone or tablet. Once linked, the cook and app can join forces in making the perfect smart kitchen, and meals!
“We are honored that Gourmia’s IoT smart kitchen technology is a finalist in the smart home category of the International Housewares Show’s prestigious GIA awards,” enthused Gourmia founder Heshy Biegeleisen. “Building on this excitement, we are ready to show industry professionals the many advantages to carrying our exciting – and growing – line of smart kitchen countertop appliances. And we want everyone stepping into our booth to discover what they are.”
Gourmia Smart Difference
Gourmia smart small kitchen appliances are intrinsically smarter. Some of the features that set them apart include:
- One Cohesive App – the Gourmia mobile kitchen app for iOS and Android connects to every Gourmia IoT device, allowing users to control their appliances from their mobile device.
- Built-In Cook Cam – found on selected Gourmia IoT appliances, takes videos or photos of food being cooked, which can then be shared to social media sites via the Gourmia mobile kitchen app. It can also be used to reference provided time-stamped photos, enabling users to compare what they are cooking with how it should appear.
- Alexa and Google Home Integration – Gourmia IoT technology embedded in the appliances is compatible with voice services, such as Alexa and Google Home, under the skill name Mia, allowing voice activation as well as integration with Facebook, Instagram and Skype.
- Safe Cooking – the Gourmia mobile kitchen app has the ability to block usage of an appliance if there is no adult supervision present, and can remotely monitor a Gourmia smart appliance and turn it off if needed.
- Recipe Book – the Gourmia mobile kitchen app automatically programs recipes into any Gourmia IoT kitchen appliance, plans meals, calculates calories in a meal, and generates a grocery shopping list based on a selected recipe.
- Family Preferences – the Gourmia mobile kitchen app can integrate each member’s preferences regarding food choices, favorite recipes, and desired meal for special events.
Gourmia Smart Kitchen Appliances
The following are just a few of the Gourmia products that are IoT-enabled and compatible with the company’s mobile kitchen app, allowing remote control of the appliance. Gourmia will connect the SKUs to its app during 2017.
- FryHigh Auto Rotisserie Multi-Fryer (GWMF2650) and Free Fry 360-Degree Turbo XP Air Fryer with Wi-Fi (GWAF2850)
The Gourmia Cook Cam, found in both units, lets cooks capture every second of the cooking process, while the Gourmia mobile app allows remote operation for total control over how quickly and efficiently food cooks.
- Sous Vide Pod (GSV140) and Sous Vide Self-Contained Circulating Water Oven (GSV900)
The app assists in easily following professional recipes, monitors the cooking process, and gives notice when the meal is ready. The sous vide pod is also compatible with voice services, such as Alexa, under the skill name Mia.
- Supreme 8-in-1 Digital Multi-Function Cooker (GCM700)
The app allows selection of desired recipe and automatic programming, supports multi-step recipes, and gives notice when meals are ready.
- Wi-Fi Bottle Warmer and Sterilizer
The safe and easy way to keep track of when to warm baby bottles and how many sterilized bottles are available. It is also compatible with voice services, such as Alexa, under the skill name Mia.
- Air Purifier and Aroma Diffusor
App allows unit to purify kitchen air or diffuse unpleasant cooking aromas.
Smart Pot Electric Digital Multipurpose Pressure Cooker (GPC800)
Gourmia mobile app allows remote operation for total control over how quickly and efficiently food cooks.