Great Bay Software, a leader in Endpoint and IoT connection security announces the launch of Beacon Suite 5.0 to help enterprises discover, onboard, monitor and enforce access policies across all connected devices including laptops, servers, printers, VoIP phones, biomedical devices, industrial control systems and newly emerging IoT devices. More than 20 billion new IoT devices are expected to connect to enterprise networks over the next 5 years. According to recent Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG) survey, 58% of the respondents have already developed IoT initiatives, or are in the process of launching them in the next 24 months. Great Bay’s solution helps enterprises protect against the growing threat posed by poor built-in security for IoT devices.
“Rapid growth in adoption of IoT devices represents an increasing and underappreciated threat to enterprises, especially in the healthcare, manufacturing and critical infrastructure verticals,” said Jon Oltsik Senior Principal Analyst at Enterprise Research Group. “By adding enforcement to its strong endpoint visibility and profiling capabilities, Great Bay Software can make it easier for enterprises to protect vulnerabilities in IoT devices.”
New to the Beacon Suite 5.0 is the Beacon Endpoint Enforcement module which simplifies and automates endpoint and IoT device authentication and onboarding as well as enforcement of access policies. The Beacon Endpoint Enforcement module license unlocks the ability to authenticate all unmanaged devices based on multiple criteria. This is especially unique because Beacon goes far beyond the MAC address to determine endpoint identity and behavioral attributes. This approach greatly eases the burden of onboarding IoT and biomedical devices, providing an appropriate level of network access. The Beacon Enforcement module leverages Beacon’s behavior monitoring capabilities to alert, quarantine or block a device when an unusual behavior, such as MAC Spoofing, is detected. In addition, the Beacon Endpoint Enforcement module also improves the speed and accuracy of endpoint discovery thus further distinguishing the Beacon Suite as the best enterprise solution for real-time endpoint visibility.
“We are pleased that we’ve been able to accelerate our development cycles to be able to help enterprises get ahead of IoT security threats brought on by devices with deficient onboard security,” said Jim Scullion, CEO at Great Bay Software.
What’s New in Beacon Suite 5.0
New Beacon Endpoint Enforcement Module
- Authenticate and onboard all endpoints including IoT devices.
- Continuous behavior monitoring and active response to enforce access policies with the ability to alert, quarantine or block device access when unauthorized behavior is detected.
- Expanded real-time discovery and profiling techniques including RADIUS-based profiling.
Endpoint Profiler Module Enhancements
- IoT device visibility improvements via native integration with Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers.
- Industry leading Artificial Intelligence Expert System-based profiling engine includes over 1,400 pre-built device profiles delivering superior real-time endpoint discovery and profiling capabilities for large scale enterprises.
- Cisco Nexus VRF support for increased visibility.
- Modernized user interface to enhance ease of use and overall user experience.
- Centrally managed, fully distributed and secure LDAP replication for improved remote authentication support and redundancy.
- Additional out-of-the-box endpoint and profile reports.
- Performance and scalability enhancements.
“Gartner predicts that by 2020, 25% of enterprise breaches will involve IoT, while only 10% or less of the enterprise security budget will be focused on IoT,” said Manish Rai, Vice President of Marketing and Product Management at Great Bay Software. “The new Beacon Suite 5.0 takes the industry lead in enabling enterprises to adopt the latest technologies while protecting them against the growing threat posed by rapid adoption of IoT devices.”
For more information about Great Bay Software visit www.greatbaysoftware.com.