Holston Micro Systems, an innovation leader in modular solutions for copper and optical communications networks, today introduced the Blackfin LC 1000Base-SX/LX to PCI-Express network adapters. Blackfin LC pluggable network adapters provide a complete modular network adapter interface implemented in an extremely small and light weight configuration. The small size and light weight of the Blackfin LC pluggable network adapter modules make these units especially well-suited to applications where platform size constraints, installation in difficult to access areas or platform mobility are important design considerations.
Blackfin LC network adapters integrate an Intel I210 PCI-Express network controller optical transmitters and receivers into a modular pluggable component with a duplex LC interface. Holston Micro Systems offers alternative modules with RJ-45 connectors enabling the same motherboard to support either copper or fiber optic network cable infrastructures without redesign.
Blackfin LC pluggable network adapters support the IEEE-802az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) standard. During periods of low network activity, EEE reduces platform power consumption by negotiating with its link partner to transition to a low power idle (LPI) operating mode. The motherboard electrical interface for theBlackfin LC pluggable network adapter is a *Samtec SMT connector with a 20 position footprint.
- Complete PCI-Express network adapter integrated into an LC connector form factor
- Pluggable unit can be swapped for copper RJ-45 modules with identical motherboard layout
- *Intel®* I210 Ethernet Controller for PCI Express Gen 2.1 @ 2.5GT/s for x1 width (Lane)
- IEEE 802.3z compliant for full 1000Base-SX/LX interoperability
- Fiber optic link distances up to 10.0 Kilometers per TIA 568 (9/125μ)
- SMBus pass through enables IPMI / BMC configuration of controller interface
- Operating temperature range of -40°C to +85°C
- 0.81W active state power consumption
- IEEE 802.1az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) reduces power consumption during low network activity
- Threaded PCB retention bosses provide secure mounting
These devices are now sampling.
ABOUT HOLSTON MICRO SYSTEMS
Holston Micro Systems is a supplier of high-performance network interface modules, application software and integrated turnkey systems solutions used primarily in Carrier, Enterprise and industrial Internet of Things (IoT) network applications. We design, develop and market a diverse portfolio of high-performance, feature-rich, low-power and cost-competitive Ethernet networking and connectivity solutions, associated applications and protocol software.
*Samtec is a registered trademark of Samtec Incorporated in the USA and other countries..
*Intel is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation in the USA and other countries.