Huawei will introduce a Cloud Managed Network solution that enables cloud-based wireless and wired network planning and management for SMBs, large enterprises with branch networks and Internet of Things (IoT). Huawei’s Cloud Managed Network (CMN) solution, introduced during Interop Las Vegas 2016, will support public and private cloud, and will be available to enterprises through managed service providers (MSPs).
Huawei’s Cloud Managed Network solution will manage wireless access points, switches, firewalls, access routers, and enterprise gateways. The CMN solution will be applicable to three major scenarios: SMB/Branch, large enterprise campus, and IoT that achieves edge computing.
“IoT, mobility, and cloud are requiring large-scale, on-demand enterprise network expansion,” said Chang Yue, Chief Architect of Switch & Enterprise Communications Product Line at Huawei. “The Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) architecture, as an enabler for SDN and NFV, boosts service agility with highly efficient operations and maintenance, and supports fast service deployment.”
Huawei’s Cloud Managed Network solution consists of the following components:
- Cloud management platform
- A full series of Huawei Agile Network equipment on which cloud management is based, including APs, firewalls, switches, and access routers. Most existing models can be integrated with the Cloud Managed Network solution through a software upgrade.
- Cloud-based network planning tool, mobile O&M app, and cloud-based preventive maintenance inspection tool
Huawei’s Cloud Managed Network solution will support both public cloud-based management and on-premise private cloud management. It will provide more flexible, secure service capabilities, including multi-level user management and fine-grained policy control for large enterprises. The solution will also serve as a service provisioning platform, enabling the quick provisioning of value-added services.
Huawei will provide its Cloud Managed Network solution via three models:
- MSP/carrier-hosted public cloud – MSPs and carriers will purchase the Huawei cloud management platform and deploy it on their own or a third-party public cloud to provide cloud management services to enterprise customers.
- Enterprise private cloud – Enterprises will purchase Huawei network hardware and the corresponding Cloud Managed Network solution licenses (available in Q1 2017).
- Huawei-hosted public cloud
“Massive numbers of network nodes can result in complicated network O&M and management problems to SMBs, campus networks, and IoT deployments. Huawei’s Cloud Managed Network solution delivers elasticity, openness, and service automation, and provides a secure, reliable, unified platform for Big Data analytics and value-added services,” said Ma Da, General Manager for Solutions, Switch & Enterprise Communications Product Line at Huawei. “As part of our ‘All Cloud’ strategy for enterprises, Huawei will assist our customers in the cloud migration of enterprise IT infrastructure. Huawei’s Cloud Management Network solution is a key element in simplifying that migration.”
For more information, visit: www.e.huawei.com.