What if you could control access to your home, protect your loved ones and save money on energy bills all from your smartphone? What if the days of sitting at work worrying about if you turned off the coffee pot or turned down the air conditioning were a thing of the past? What if that day were today?
Richard L. Soloway, noted security expert and Chairman of NAPCO Security Technologies, Inc. is proud to announce the launch of NAPCO’s new product line iBridge™ Connected Home. The new home security and automation product lines helps customers manage their home from a smartphone, tablet or computer, allowing them, for example, to shut off lights, open a locked door or turn down a thermostat. Soloway states, “We are proud to provide the public with a product that will help make people’s homes safer, more energy efficient and convenient.”
The concept behind the technology is known as “The Internet of Things” (IoT) in which everyday objects are outfitted with sensors and connected to the web. This is a concept, which has been brewing for several years, and of which NAPCO Security Technologies, Inc. is at the forefront. iBridge™ Connected Home has several different functions and features including:
Lights & Temperature Control
- Control lights, thermostats and small appliances
- Set and schedule heating and cooling temperatures
- Save up to 20-percent on energy bills with proper energy management, according to the US Department of Energy
- Change by need, room, scene or schedule
- See what’s happening at the front door…or inside the home, Dad’s home or the vacation home
- Whenever you’re NOT home, or want to know if the kids ARE or, check the pets
- All using secure WiFi Camera Network with recording-review files
- Get live video alert “messages” on the events you choose
Security & Locks
- Control your security system including intrusion, fire and carbon monoxide
- “Open-sesame” or re-lock your door locks
- Set/Reset your alarm
- Send a silent alarm or panic alert to get help from authorities
- Get emails, texts and video alerts if your system is unexpectedly turned off, or not, or in alarm, etc.
About NAPCO Security Technologies, Inc.
NAPCO Security Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: NSSC) is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and solutions providers of high-technology electronic security, connected home, school lock down systems, video, fire alarm, access control and door locking systems. The Company consists of four Divisions: NAPCO, its security and connected home segment, plus three wholly-owned subsidiaries: Alarm Lock, Continental Instruments, and Marks USA. Headquartered in Amityville, New York, its products are installed by tens of thousands of security professionals worldwide in commercial, industrial, institutional, residential and government applications. NAPCO products have earned a reputation for innovation, technical excellence and reliability, positioning the Company for growth in the multi-billion dollar and rapidly expanding electronic security market. ChairmanRichard L. Soloway’s comments on all aspects of security have appeared in The New York Times, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, International Herald Tribune, Business Week, Forbes, Crain’s New York Business, Newsday, Reuters, Chicago Tribune, Entertainment Weekly, Detroit Free Press, Philadelphia Inquirer, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Transcript and The Robb Report among others. NAPCO has a stock market capitalization of over $100 million and employs more than 800 employees worldwide.