Zebra Technologies Corporation announced that Instacart, a same-day grocery delivery service, is utilizing Zebra’s Zatar Internet of Things (IoT) platform for cloud printing and device management of Zebra printers. This new solution allows Instacart to print labels at locations across the U.S. securely and accurately. Zatar is Zebra’s platform as a service (PaaS) IoT solution, enabling businesses and developers to build custom applications to manage, control and interact with their assets.
IoT analysts say printing is among the most promising yet often overlooked areas of IoT that can deliver great benefits and pose risk if not properly integrated and secured. As enterprises connect billions of devices and sensors to detect, locate and sense conditions throughout their operations, the Zatar platform will make it easy for applications to take advantage of data from these devices through standard application programming interfaces (API) and ultimately increase their enterprise asset intelligence.
- Instacart is a same-day grocery delivery service that connects customers with personal shoppers who pick up and deliver their groceries. Their personal shoppers deliver groceries from local partner stores in as little as one hour.
- Instacart chose to use the Zatar IoT platform for its ability to connect to and control devices in third-party locations via a simple API.
- The solution connects Instacart’s printers to the cloud and enables the organization to easily interact, monitor and manage Zebra printers globally.
- The Zatar platform is an application enablement platform that supports both Zebra devices and third-party devices to enable IoT solutions.
- Zebra’s partner, American Barcode and RFID Inc. will also be offering advanced services and support as well as a managed services offering for the entire solution, leveraging Zatar.
Seth Bertenthal, city launcher, Instacart
“Zatar has allowed us to remotely manage a network of Zebra printers and generate our labels. Through an API integration with Zatar, we now have the ability to print labels in multiple locations across the country. This was accomplished in an easy roll-out with Zebra’s excellent support along the way.”
Mike Krell, IoT practice lead, Moor Insights & Strategy
“In today’s connected and mobile business environment, printed documents are almost always proprietary and/or time sensitive. Zebra’s Zatar delivers a combination of cloud-enabled, secured printing and mobile connectivity, which makes the product a natural fit for many customers, including Instacart.”
Philip Gerskovich, senior vice president, New Growth Platforms, Zebra Technologies
“There are millions of Zebra Technologies’ devices in use in retail today, enabling omni-channel experiences, with Zatar, these devices can be connected and allow Instacart and others to easily take advantage of the visibility and real-time information they enable. We are excited about the Instacart solution and look forward to further helping them expand their reach and services globally.”
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces. For more information, visit www.zebra.com.