InterDigital, Inc., a mobile technology research and development company, has announced that the company will feature its latest IoT solutions at the Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC)’s Q3 member meeting and the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) IoT Workshop.
IIC’s Q3 member-only meeting will be comprised of working sessions and a collaborative forum with members of Plattform Industrie 4.0. The quarterly meetings offer a unique opportunity to engage, learn, collaborate and network with members across all industries. Ash Wheeler, Director, Business Development at InterDigital, will present at two sessions:
- On September 19th, Mr. Wheeler will provide Industrial IoT (IIoT) test-bed users with an overview of InterDigital’s oneMPOWER/wot.io IoT platform, which offers a suite of horizontal services based on the oneM2M standard for managing multiple, inter-operable IIoT applications.
- On September 20th, Mr. Wheeler will outline some of the system life-cycle challenges in trialing an intelligent transport systems IIoT application. The challenges are based on the oneTRANSPORTinitiative, which is implementing a data marketplace where local government and traffic management authorities can exchange data, facilitating the development of innovative travel management solutions, including a travel management application for the UK’s Silverstone race track, where events such as the 3-day, Formula 1 Grand Prix are held annually.
The TIA IoT Workshop, sponsored by InterDigital, will explore a variety of current and near future IoT projects and applications through the lens of Big Data on September 21, 2016 at TIA Headquarters in Arlington, VA. Representatives from InterDigital will participate alongside other industry leaders in a number of panels:
- Jim Nolan, EVP, IoT Solutions, InterDigital, will join fellow industry leader Telit and founder of More-with-Mobile, Ken Figueredo, in a live video panel moderated by TIA NOW’s Abe Nejad to discuss the findings from TIA’s recent IoT Enterprise Survey and whitepaper.
- A panel titled, “oneM2M: A Standard for IoT and M2M Data Collection and Usage,” which will commence at 3:00 p.m. Eastern, features Arty Chandra, Senior Director, InterDigital IoT Solutions, on the history of oneM2M and its implementation through the oneTRANSPORT initiative.
- Ken Figueredo, IoT Strategy Industry Advisor to InterDigital, will join Gordon Gao, Associate Professor and Co-Director of CHIDS, University of Maryland; David Helms, Chief Technology Officer, Radius Networks; and Stephanie Bauer Marshall, Chief Commercial Officer, The Wireless Registry; for a panel titled, “Actionable Data Revolutionizing Business and the Bottom Line,” at 3:45 p.m. Eastern.
For more information, please visit www.interdigital.com.