An extremely busy week in the Internet of Things world! At IoT.do we want to make sure you are always up to date on everything IoT related:
- We listed the Internet of People Event to be held on December 15, 2016 inEindhoven, The Netherlands. The event will debate the way our increasingly digitized society develops to ensure it provides the maximum benefits for people, businesses and society. Topics will focus on Interaction between Things and Humans, The Human Internet vs the Machine Internet, Social Impact of Connected Devices and many more.
- Bluetooth 5 Evolution Will Lead to Widespread Deployments on the IoT Landscape, says ABI Research. They forecasts Bluetooth-enabled device shipments will increase by an average of half a billion per year through 2021, reaching more than five billion.
- Low power, smaller form factor and quick time to market are critical factors to making the billions of ‘smart’ and ‘connected’ things a reality in the rapidly growing Internet of Things (IoT) market. Microchip Technology released a demonstration platform for the world’s lowest-power Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) sensor node.
- One of our frequent contributors published a new article: The Growth of IoT is Impacting Global Telecommunications
- TalkPool and Wuerth ITensis will be deploying a ski tracker solution using Semtech LoRaWAN technology to monitor skiing students on the slopes of the Swiss Alps in the upcoming 2016/17 ski season
- CompTIA’s Internet of Things Trends and Opportunities report finds that 23 percent of channel companies surveyed say they’ve already made money from Internet of Things offerings, compared to just 8 percent in 2015
- ABI Research estimates machine learning-based data analytics tools and services revenues to hit nearly $20 billion in 2021 as Machine-Learning-as-a-Service (MLaaS) models take off.
- With Internet of Things technology recently garnering more mainstream attention, many institutions and providers are looking to harness IoT’s power with an eye on cutting costs, according to the latest edition of the PYMNTS.com Internet of Things Tracker.
- 61% of Americans Fear Hacking of Internet Connected Cars and Home Security Video
Most people by now are fully aware of Tile, the tracking device that connects to your mobile device and helps you easily locate your keys, wallet, handbag, even your pet. In our IoT device list this week we’ve added the Chipolo Tracker & Selfie Remote, which offers something extra – for taking a selfie, use the device as a remote control and take the best photo ever!
Collaborate, connect, socialize and innovate with professionals from all around the world that have one thing in common: the Internet of Things and its never ending evolution. We openly invite all professionals to share their opinions and expertise with our community and take part in the IoT revolution.