Website Zodiac Pool Systems
Zodiac Pool Systems
Zodiac is a leading global manufacturer of pool and spa products. Applying our rich heritage of innovation excellence to product engineering, we develop some of the world’s leading solutions for the most technologically-advanced, energy-efficient, and clean swimming pools and spas. Through our best-in-class products, Zodiac is the provider of choice for millions of people worldwide and is an industry leader in pool automation and web-enabling our pool products.
Zodiac is headquartered in Vista, CA, which is also home to its largest manufacturing plant and distribution facility. The business’s other facilities are in Salt Lake City, Utah (Cover-Pools®), Orlando, Florida and Ontario, Canada.
Be part of the team that’s vision is to exist to create the perfect pool experience by designing innovative solutions that increase comfort, enjoyment and peace of mind.
We currently have a full time opening for a Director of Software Development – IoT Solutions in our Vista, California headquarters.
The primary responsibility of this leader will be leading a team of engineers focused on new product development and engineering sustaining activities. This position will work closely with product managers and program managers to bring high quality products to market on time and on budget. The Director of Software Development – IoT Solutions is responsible for the design, development, deployment and operation of software solutions for Zodiac’s IoT platform. This includes AWS IoT and legacy platforms, mobile apps, security conformance, production and support. This person will lead an internal group of software professionals along with key external partners to implement new solutions for growth as well as maintain and/or migrate existing platforms. This highly visible position will work cross functionally to ensure Zodiac’s technology stack stays current and ahead of the ever changing IoT environment. This is a high-visibility role requiring someone who can formulate strategy and drive execution of tactical plans to achieve those goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manage internal and external resources that develop & maintain the entire IoT architecture starting at the individual device through connectivity, data collection and analytics, cloud, middleware, APIs, mobile apps, security and operations.
· Be a key stakeholder in IoT strategy, tool selection, business integration and monetization.
· Work closely with product marketing to ensure Zodiac’s technology stack can deliver the IoT product road maps.
· Be accountable for IoT platform operations concerning production and support in Dev-Ops.
· Design and support new processes to promote agile development.
· Work cross-functionally, internally & externally to oversee the timely execution of product launches.
· Continuous development of IoT data analytics and reporting.
· Establish people management & processes to attract and retain the best talent in the software and IoT space.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or industry experience equivalent.
· Software Development management experience preferably in the IoT space; understanding of complexity of hardware, firmware, and software development environments.
· 10+ years professional experience in technology related roles.
· Experience managing software teams in a Dev-Ops model.
· Full stack development experience.
· Preferred experience with AWS tools and platforms; AWS IoT, EC2, S3, Kinesis, Redshift and related AWS services.
· Experience with database architecture and modern relational database products.
· Proficiency (understanding) in various programming languages such as Java, C++, Perl, Node.js, Ruby, etc.
· Experience leading in Agile/Scrum development environments.
· Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members alike.
· Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
· Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, environment where you must take on multiple responsibilities and do what it takes to get things done.
If you meet the requirements above and would like to apply for this position, please visit http://www.zodiac.com/en/united-states/company/careers
Zodiac Pools is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and dedicated to a diverse work force. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org