LogMeIn Inc. has created a new IoT advisory board to help inform, shape and accelerate future IoT innovation for LogMeIn, its IoT customers and the market, at large. Founding members include key executives and visionaries from tech industry leaders like HP and Cisco, leading academic institutions like MIT, and businesses that have pioneered IoT innovations in their markets. Sanjay Sarma, co-founder of The Auto-ID Center at MIT, has been named as the inaugural chairman of the advisory board.
The Xively IoT Advisory Board will meet regularly, including as part of the LogMeIn’s Xperience 2015 in October, a conference dedicated to learning, discussion, and practical tactics around creating and executing IOT strategies.
Founding members will include:
- Sanjay Sarma, professor of Mechanical Engineering, former chairman of Research and co-founder of The Auto-ID Center at MIT
- Ken Owens, chief technology officer, Cisco Cloud Intercloud Services
- Triinu Magi, chief technology officer at Neura, a company that brings intelligence layer to connected devices, ecosystems and services.
- Chris Selland, vice president, business development at HP’s Big Data Group
- Mats Hedberg, general manager, SATO Techno Lab Europe
- Andrew Bertera, executive director of marketing at New England Biolabs, a global leader in the discovery and development of recombinant and native enzymes for genomic research.
- Ken Grady, chief information officer at IDEXX, a global market leader in diagnostics and information technology solutions for animal health and water and milk quality.
“We believe that the IoT is heading into an incredibly important phase in its evolution and LogMeIn is committed to helping companies as they transform from product companies into truly connected businesses,” said Michael Simon, CEO of LogMeIn. “With the creation of the Xively IoT Advisory Board, our goal is to bring together strategic partners, our pioneering IoT customers and industry leaders to accelerate collective learnings and help shape both our customers and our own future IoT innovation.”
About LogMeIn, Inc.
LogMeIn, Inc. (Nasdaq:LOGM) simplifies how people connect to each other and the world around them. With millions of users worldwide, our cloud-based solutions make it possible for people and companies to connect and engage with their workplace, colleagues, customers and products anywhere, anytime. LogMeIn is headquartered in Boston with offices in Bangalore, Budapest, Dublin, London, San Francisco and Sydney.