Mocana and Sensors.com today announced a strategic collaboration to enable product companies to deliver secure connected products for the Internet of Things (IoT). This collaboration brings together Mocana’s industrial grade security code and Sensors’ Silicon-to-Cloud connectivity platform allowing customers to secure their IoT products as well as securely update, manage and control these products from a cloud service of their choice.
“We see a lot of demand for simple, secure cloud connectivity from our customers. As soon as Mocana delivers its device and system level security (Security of Things Platform), the next question in our customers minds is how to manage these products securely that go out into the field,” said Peter Graham, Vice President and General Manager. “Sensors.com are an innovative player who is helping their customers add cloud connectivity quickly, simply and securely which helps their customers generate new revenue and reduce Operational Expenditure (OpEx) in a short period of time.”
Customers of Mocana and Sensors will benefit from this partnership in the following ways:
- Fulfill customer expectations of delivering a connected product experience and deliver drastically lowered operational expenditure by enabling remote product support securely and reliably.
- Sensors.com’s Silicon-to-Cloud Platform, which is offered as a service to Mocana’s customers, allows customers to add:
- WiOS, a secure wired and wireless connectivity operating system for IoT devices. WiOS is designed to work on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled products from large silicon vendors as well as Sensors.com’ own ACKme branded modules to help customers build embedded apps in weeks
- a device management, and monitoring/control cloud component that runs on the customers’ cloud of choice
- a mobile app software development kit that helps customers build mobile apps for IoT devices in weeks
- The combined platform allows customers to address security in their products at every level – device, cloud and mobile apps that manage IoT products. In addition, services such as reliable and secure over the air updates can be built into products in weeks as opposed months.
“Our customers demand the highest level of security, quick time to market, and repeatable ways to add cloud connectivity to their high value products. Sensors.com’s focus on making secure and reliable product software is at the center of this cloud connectivity model,” said Sanjay Kalyanasundaram, Vice President, Cloud and Connected Device Platform. “Mocana is the gold standard in IoT security and we are excited to work together to address this demand so our combined customers deliver an awesome product experience.”
Mocana makes security easy for the Internet of Things designers and enterprise mobility. Mocana builds on deep expertise securing everything from medical devices to defense electronics, from point-of-sale terminals to the smart grid to home automation. The Mocana Atlas Platform transforms enterprise connectivity with the tap-and-go simplicity of the Mocana ON experience. Leading Fortune 500 customers have adopted the Atlas platform to mobilize their extended enterprise. More information is available at www.mocana.com.
Sensors has built the industry’s first Silicon-to-Cloud platform that helps product companies add cloud connectivity securely and reliably. This platform helps consumer, commercial and industrial segment product companies to build and deliver a great connected experience and outcomes in a matter weeks. Utilizing leading industry standards and tools, It develops embedded wireless modules under the ACKme brand, intelligent internet connectivity software and applications including feature-rich embedded firmware, secure networking transport, cloud connectivity and scalable cloud solutions.
More information is available at www.sensors.com