PrismTech™ announced the release of Vortex™ 2.0 the first standards-based Internet of Things (IoT) data sharing solution to provide secure real-time data connectivity between low latency Fog applications communicating with each other at the network’s edge and applications hosted in the Cloud. This new release will enable truly distributed IoT Computing between Device, Edge and Cloud.
This major update to the Vortex Intelligent Data Sharing Platform adds significant new capabilities to the product suite in terms of ubiquitous data sharing across Device, Fog Computing and Cloud Computing environments, ease of use, robustness, secure connectivity, future proof system evolution and platform support. Vortex 2.0 includes the following new functionality:
- Vortex Fog provides secure interest-based routing of real-time information between the multicast-enabled edge networks and unicast networks and endpoints, including Vortex Cloud (Fog-Cloud).
- Boundary Security, a feature of both Vortex Cloud and Vortex Fog which can be used to enable secure communications at the boundary between subsystems, a fundamental requirement for helping to secure the next generation of federated IoT systems.
- Support for Google Protocol Buffers (GPB) a widely adopted, well known and proven technology to support evolutionary data-models in a language and platform-neutral way. GPB data type extensibility helps to enable IoT system evolution and future proofing.
- Support for the latest versions of the DDS Data Centric Publish and Subscribe (DCPS) APIs including: Java 5, ISO C++ and C99 APIs.
- Adds Windows 10 and Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan to the already extensive list of platforms supported.
- Python scripting added to the Vortex OpenSplice™ Tester tool to enable ‘black-box’ system testing and debugging of DDS-based IoT systems.
Vortex is ideally suited for mission-critical distributed and IoT applications. Vortex is based on the Object Management Group’s (OMG) Data Distribution Service (DDS) for Real-time Systems open standard and builds on proven technologies to provide an efficient solution for Internet scale, real-time data sharing. Vortex is a crucial enabler for systems that have to reliably and securely deliver high volumes of data with stringent end-to-end qualities-of-service (QoS); hence its suitability for delivering the right information to the right place at the right time.
“We believe that Vortex 2.0 addresses the real-time data sharing requirements of IoT systems better than any other platform available,” said Dr. Angelo Corsaro, CTO, PrismTech. “New features such as Vortex Fog will help address the bandwidth problems of IoT systems by helping remove the need to ship all data to the Cloud when it makes more sense to process the data much closer to the Things at the network’s edge.”
Further information about Vortex is available from PrismTech’s website at http://www.prismtech.com/vortex.
PrismTech’s customers deliver systems for the Internet of Things, the Industrial Internet and advanced wireless communications. PrismTech supplies the software platforms, tools and professional services they need to build solutions with the required: platform coverage, performance, scalability, efficiency, flexibility and robustness. PrismTech’s customers service many market sectors, including: industry, energy, healthcare, transportation, finance, aerospace and defense.
Vortex and OpenSplice are trademarks of PrismTech. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.