IoT Defense Inc., a security startup, has emerged out of stealth mode and is introducing RATtrap to the world. RATtrap is the world’s first subscription free, zero configuration, auto-updating, smart firewall which protects home users from hackers and cyber-criminals. RATtrap brings some of the key innovations in enterprise security technology to the consumer and protects ALL of their internet connected devices from online attacks. RATtrap has been engineered by a team with multiple decades of experience in the commercial and government security industry. RATtrap is available for pre-order on Kickstarter and will ship before Christmas 2016.
“The average user is connecting an increasing number of smart devices to their home network and this trend is going to continue.” says T. Roy, Co-Founder and CEO of IoT Defense, “While enjoying the benefits of these ‘always on’ and ‘always connected’ devices, home users are unintentionally putting themselves at a huge risk from online attacks”. The only protection that users have is their home router and their personal computer ant-virus software. These passive solutions fall short of protecting against modern evolving threats and are incapable of protecting all of the connected devices in the user’s home.
RATtrap has been specifically designed to help mitigate this growing threat of cyber-crime targeted at consumers. RATtrap works in concert with its cloud backend and provides the following features to its users:
- Immediate protection for all internet connected devices, including the home WiFi router.
- Privacy and optional ad-blocking for all devices.
- Simple setup, no software to install, no configuration changes required on any device.
- No monthly or annual subscription fees.
- Continuous threat intelligence data feed to protect against the latest evolving threats.
- Automatic software updates.
- Real-time notifications about blocked attacks through the mobile applications and web portal.
Pricing and Availability
RATtrap will retail for US $229 and requires NO monthly subscription fees. RATtrap is available exclusively on Kickstarter at a special early bird price of US $149. RATtrap will initially ship within the US, followed by international distribution shortly thereafter. Early bird customers will receive their RATtraps before Christmas of 2016.
For more information please visit www.myrattrap.com.