Schlage announces at CES Unveiled that its Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt will work with Google Assistant in early Q1. With the Google Assistant on Google Home, users will be able to lock the door or check if the door is locked by saying, “OK Google, lock my door” or “OK Google, is my door locked?” Beyond Google Home, you can also ask your Google Assistant on your iOS or Android™ smartphone.
Using the Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt with the Google Assistant will require the Schlage Sense Wi-Fi Adapter. With the Schlage Sense Wi-Fi Adapter, iOS and Android smartphone users gain remote access to their lock through the Schlage Sense app, no monthly fee required.
“As the Internet of Things continues to innovate rapidly, brands must follow suit,” said Rob Martens, Futurist at Allegion, maker of Schlage Locks. “As IoT platforms emerge, Schlage continues to lead and support consumers’ choice.”
The multi-function Schlage Sense™ Smart Deadbolt contains several convenient features that unlock the true power of a smart home by enabling homeowners to never worry about losing, hiding, carrying or forgetting keys, including:
- Create and delete up to 30 unique access codes so trusted friends and family can enter using their code at the lock’s touchscreen
- Schedule access codes so guests can only enter when you want them to
- Use the Wi-Fi Adapter to check on the lock’s status from anywhere, so you never have to wonder if the front door was left unlocked
- View past activity to see which codes have been used and when
- Update settings and check battery life Graded Best in Security, Durability and Finish, receiving a AAA – the highest residential grading awarded on the market by the Builders Hardware Manufactures Association (BHMA)
This new integration will come as an addition to the Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt’s existing compatibility with Amazon Alexa®. Alternatively, users may choose to set up the Schlage Sense deadbolt with Apple HomeKit™ and use Siri® to command the deadbolt on their iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch®. These integrations allow the Schlage Sense lock to interact with a variety of connected products and empower a wide array of consumers to add the lock to their smart home mix.
Schlage is exhibiting its Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt at CES Unveiled 2018.