Silicon Labs, a leading provider of microcontroller, wireless connectivity, analog and sensor solutions for the Internet of Things (IoT), today announced that the company’s CEO will deliver the opening-day keynote at Embedded World 2015 – the world’s largest embedded event – held Feb. 24-26 in Nuremberg, Germany. The company will also highlight its latest hardware and software solutions for the IoT at the Silicon Labs booth (4A-128) during the exhibition.
Targeting connected device applications for the smart home, smart energy, wearables and industrial IoT markets, Silicon Labs will demonstrate next-generation, energy-friendly 8-bit and 32-bit microcontrollers (MCUs), Thread and ZigBee® mesh networking software, low-power Wireless M-Bus connectivity, environmental and biometric sensing solutions, and an expanded Simplicity Studio™ development ecosystem.
Silicon Labs’ CEO Tyson Tuttle will present his keynote address, “Engineering the IoT: An RF Expert’s View on Technology Trends and Challenges,” on Tuesday, February 24 at 1:30 p.m. The keynote will discuss technology trends and challenges in today’s IoT market including implementation of ultra-low-power embedded wireless platforms required by connected device applications. Mr. Tuttle will explore an array of existing and emerging wireless connectivity technology options for the IoT including low-power Wi-Fi, Bluetooth Smart, ZigBee and Thread protocol for IP mesh networking.
“We look forward to sharing our vision of the Internet of Things with the embedded industry’s top engineering minds,” said Tyson Tuttle, CEO of Silicon Labs. “Developing connected devices for the IoT is the most exciting challenge facing our industry today. We will reach a tipping point in 2015 in which advances in low-energy design, wireless protocols, application-layer standards and SoC integration will converge to drive large-scale deployments across all IoT segments.”
In addition to Mr. Tuttle’s keynote address, Silicon Labs’ IoT experts will give the following conference presentations at Embedded World:
- “Network Performance, Reliability and Metrics for Embedded IP Mesh Networks,” Wednesday, Feb. 25, 4:00 – 4:30 p.m.
- “How to Design a Winning Wearable Product,” Thursday, Feb. 26, 3:30 – 4:00 p.m.
Silicon Labs will also showcase its latest hardware and software solutions for the IoT with hands-on demonstrations at its booth (4A-128):
- Compute: Simplify your IoT designs, maximize your system battery life, future-proof your products and get to market faster with the industry’s most energy-friendly MCUs. Find the right energy-saving 32-bit ARM®-based EFM32™ Gecko MCU or 8051-based 8-bit MCU solution for your next embedded application.
- Connect: Discover the future of IP-based IoT connectivity with a live demo of Thread software developed by the industry leader in mesh networking. Explore the seamless migration path between ZigBee and Thread protocols using simple over-the-air software updates. Get your smart metering designs on a faster track with the industry’s foremost Wireless M-Bus hardware and software solutions based on low-energy, long-range EZRadioPRO® and EFM32 Gecko connectivity platforms.
- Sense: Reduce the cost, power, complexity and size of battery-powered IoT applications with Silicon Labs’ innovative “sensor puck,” a smartenvironmental and biometric sensing solution that fits a smartwatch form factor. Learn how to develop sophisticated, highly integrated, ultra-low-power IoT applications that sense heart rate, UV index, relative humidity and temperature while running on a single low-power coin cell battery.
- Simplify: Streamline your embedded design effort with Silicon Labs’ Simplicity Studio platform providing a comprehensive, unified environment for 8/32-bit and wireless development. Keep it simple with best-in-class energy-aware tools and one-click access to demos, software examples, technical support and community forums.
To help embedded developers accelerate their IoT design projects, Silicon Labs will offer complimentary EFM32 Gecko MCU, 8-bit MCU and sensor development kits at Embedded World to qualified developers visiting Booth 4A-128.
Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) is a leading provider of silicon, software and system solutions for the Internet of Things, Internet infrastructure, industrial automation, consumer and automotive markets. We solve the electronics industry’s toughest problems, providing customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Backed by our world-class engineering teams with unsurpassed software and mixed-signal design expertise, Silicon Labs empowers developers with the tools and technologies they need to advance quickly and easily from initial idea to final product.
Silicon Labs, Silicon Laboratories, the “S” symbol, the Silicon Laboratories logo and the Silicon Labs logo are trademarks of Silicon Laboratories Inc. All other product names noted herein may be trademarks of their respective holders.