The Head of Singapore’s Smart Nation Programme, Mr Tan Kok Yam will give an opening address at Terrapinn’s IoT Show on 22 September. In his presentation, Mr Tan will address Singapore’s plans and initiatives towards becoming a smart nation.
Speaking to Terrapinn, Mr Tan said, “The breath-taking advances in computing, robotics, use of sensors and the data sciences promise much. There is tremendous potential to improve lives, create new opportunities and build a closer community. Singapore has what it takes to make it work, but the challenge is always to keep our endeavours people centric, to solve real and practical issues that our city and society faces.”
Leader of Intel’s Industry Solutions Group for Asia Pacific & Japan, Leighton Phillips added, “The Internet of Things has gone from vision to reality in just a few short years. We’re now at the point where the technology is enabling powerful insights and transformative new models. We’ll be sharing our thoughts on what businesses and governments can do to get smarter with IoT.”
The IoT Show will address the new business possibilities from the internet of things and contextual technology, featuring 4 conference tracks covering cities and government, energy and home, manufacturing and logistics, cars and transport. Joining Mr Tan will be a host of leading speakers from these sectors including:
- Misko Kancko, Director of Global Strategy & Partnerships, Canada Post
- Dr Jong-Sung Hwang, Head, The Centre for Gov3.0, National Information Society Agency
- Mike Pederson, Director, Solution Architecture Group, Intel Corporation
- Hideyuki Ando, Senior General Manager, Monohakobi Technology Institute (NYK Group)
- Datuk Ismail Bin Ibrahim, Chief Executive, Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA)
- Bernard Faustino DY, Cauayan City Mayor, City of Cauayan
- Mike Gascoyne, Chief Executive Officer, MGI Consultancy
- Doug Parker, Chief Operating Officer, nuTonomy
- Wayne Pales, Head of Smart Grid Program, CLP Power Hong Kong
- Olivier Metzger, General Manager, Volvo Trucks
- Rodell A. Garcia, Chief Technology Adviser, Manila Water Company
- Dr Gregory Blokkeel, Research, Innovation and Advanced Technologies Division, Innovation Cell@Singapore, PSA Peugeot-Citroen
- Keen Sing Lee, Chief Engineer, Technology Management Office, SMRT Trains
- Eugene Toh, Director, Policy Department, Energy Market Authority
- Leif Nielsen, Director, Vertical Solutions and Technical Excellence, Solutions Group, Intel Asia-Pacific and Japan
- Mike Bates, Global Energy Director, Intel Corporation
- Osamu Tanabe, Head of Fundamental Technology Department, Tokyo Gas Co Ltd
- Shinichiro Motomiya, Director, Airport Planning Office, Corporate Planning Division, Narita International Airport
- Alistair Legge, General Manager, Customer and Technology, United Energy Distribution & Multinet Gas
- Thomas Hoff Andersson, Director of Airport Optimization, Copenhagen Airports
Alongside the conference is an exhibition that brings the entire eco-system together: platforms, integrators, cloud infrastructure, sensors, chips, components, devices, semiconductors, security, big data, regulators, financiers, investors and big brands. Amongst the exhibitors include key industry players such as Intel, NTT Communications, Bosch, Entrust Datacard and Infineon, amongst others.
The event will take place from 22-23 September 2015 at Suntec Convention Centre and set to host 350 conference attendees, 30 sponsors, exhibitors and start-ups and will see over 1,500 attendees in 2 days. The IoT Show 2015 is co-located with The Cyber Security Show 2015.
About The IOT Show/The Cyber Security Show Asia
Date: 22 – 23 September 2015
Conference opening hours: 09:00 am
Venue: Level 4, Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre
Terrapinn is a business media company. Its products are trade exhibitions, conferences, training solutions and electronic and print publications.