Tech Mahindra will be using the Covisint IoT Platform to enable digital transformation solutions across a variety of IoT initiatives – including smart cities, and the telecommunications and automotive markets. Through this partnership, there will be a focused solution building and joint go-to-market efforts around:
- Smart Cities – Diverse technologies need to be integrated to connect smart city ecosystems and realize the full potential of large-scale smart city initiatives. Tech Mahindra is an early innovator in this evolving market.
- Telecommunications – The vast ecosystem around telco providers brings upon many disparate technology stacks – that need to act as one to help realize the full benefits of connected initiatives. Solutions that result from the new expansion of the Tech Mahindra and Covisint relationship will be aimed squarely at solving this problem.
- Automotive – Both Tech Mahindra and Covisint have a long heritage in the Automotive space. The two companies will be creating solutions that will focus on the Connected Vehicle and Supply Chain markets.
“We are excited to be a part of this initiative and we are confident that this collaboration will provide us a distinct edge with alliances and customers. Leveraging Covisint’s cloud-based platform and Tech Mahindra’s expertise in IoT and digital transformation opens up promising vistas for us,” said Karthikeyan Natarajan, Global Head, Engineering, IoT and Enterprise Mobility at Tech Mahindra.
The Covisint IoT Platform – delivered as a platform-as-a-service (PaaS) at scale with global support – offers a complete set of capabilities required to rapidly build enterprise IoT solutions, including advanced identity, authentication, authorization, real-time messaging and orchestration, as well as digital ecosystem definition and management capabilities to facilitate secure information sharing and trusted interactions with the world around that connected asset. Covisint’s IoT Platform brings together a set of foundational capabilities that helps businesses rapidly deliver IoT solutions supportive of digital transformation, including:
- A unified data model that brings together the devices, the systems and the people that interact with into one coherent logical data store.
- Dynamic security that helps businesses respond quickly and contextually to deliver better value, while minimizing security risk.
- Unified messaging that brings together messaging and orchestration in both real-time and batch interactions to effectively digitize end-to-end business processes.
- API-first approach for enabling agnostic and loosely coupled business service integration for complex transformations.
- A microservices architecture to meet the scalability demands of billions of connected devices and digital businesses.
“We couldn’t be more excited about what we can achieve together with Tech Mahindra, as our partnership has already produced great benefits for both companies,” said Joel Kremke, SVP of Partnerships and Alliances, Covisint. “We believe the expanded alliance can be one of the largest in the IoT market, and will provide both organizations a whole new path to creating value for the market and for both of our customers. Tech Mahindra are not only market leaders but are also thought leaders in all of the verticals that we’re pursuing with them – it’s an honor to be working with them.”