Telematics Update has today announced that for the first time at the Telematics Detroit Conference & Exhibition (June 4-5, 2014, Novi, MI), car buyers will take to the stage in an exclusive panel discussion to speak about their experiences of connected car ownership.
A panel of consumers who have purchased a new vehicle in the past 12 months will participate in the debate, which will analyze in detail the expectations and experiences that drivers have of telematics services, features and platforms. The discussion will follow the customer journey. This will include an assessment of the features and functionality that influence purchasing decisions, the impact of user experience on OEM brand perception and an evaluation of how drivers want to (or if they even do want to) pay for connected services.
The Realities of the Connected Car User Experience
Speaking about the ‘Live Consumer Panel’, Telematics Detroit Project Director, Gareth Ragg stated, “Amongst the hype surrounding the potential of the connected car, it is all too easy to lose sight of what today’s driver really thinks about connectivity in the car.” He continued, “There is little doubt that telematics is moving higher in the list of must haves when drivers are thinking about their next vehicle purchase. However, with high expectation comes the responsibility to deliver a first class service. The execution of delivering these services has the ability to inspire or erode the loyalty of customers towards an automaker.”
“This is why I am so excited about bringing the car buyers themselves to Telematics Detroit for the first time. Amongst the forward thinking industry discussions, it will offer an invaluable and eye opening insight into the life of the connected car after it leaves the factory as it head’s to the forecourt and beyond. It will offer real world insights into such key questions as, what’s great about the connected car, what’s confusing, what’s outright infuriating and in the eyes of the end user; who is currently leading the pack!”
Other Key Debates at Telematics Detroit 2014
Telematics Detroit 2014 is set to explore the crucial topics that are revolutionizing the telematics industry:
- The Internet of Things Meets the Road: Explore the connected car as a crucial node in the IoT as the cloud’s potential in automotive shines through
- The Future of Advanced Safety: V2X today. Piloted tomorrow. Autonomous…? Embrace intelligent mobility, because the question is no longer if, but when!
- Real-Time Relationship Management: Engage customers with connectivity enabled touch points, from dealers to diagnostics to discounts and create OEM affinity through a seamless user experience
- Turning Bytes into $ Bills: Drinking from the data fire hose can be daunting. Collect, select and analyze telematics data to open up brand new revenue streams
- Tech Giants Want a Piece of the Action! Cross-pollinate Silicon Valley’s out of the box thinking with Detroit’s automotive prowess to complete the total connected lifestyle
Audi said of the show: “The biggest gathering of ‘connected services professionals’ in North America continues to grow every year, presenting unparalleled learning and networking opportunities for freshmen as well as senior classmen in the industry!”
For the complete Telematics Detroit 2014 conference program and speaker line-up, access the e-brochure at telematicsupdate.com/detroit/conference-event-brochure or contact the Telematics Update team at detroit (at) telematicsupdate (dot) com.
Register before April 4 via the secure link below to take advantage of a $200 saving on all conference passes: https://secure.telematicsupdate.com/detroit/register.php.
About Telematics Update:
Telematics Update Conferences are the most prestigious in the industry. We produce the largest telematics events in North America, Europe & Asia, and attract the most influential speakers providing a rich environment for establishing strategic relationships and networking.