UBM Tech, the daily source of essential business and technical information for decision makers in the electronics industry, will welcome thousands of engineers next week to EE Live! 2014, featuring the Embedded Systems Conference, Silicon Valley’s largest and most comprehensive technology conference and expo for hardware and software electronics engineers. The event will provide the latest information on Embedded Systems Engineering, the Internet of Things, Android, C++, Open Source Hardware, Debugging, Software Architecture and much more. EE Live! will take place March 31 through April 3, 2014 at the McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, CA.
The conference program offers four days of sessions, tutorials, boot camps, summits and post-mortem discussions on a comprehensive selection of design engineering topics taught by leading industry experts. EE Live! will offer three inspirational keynote presentations open to all attendees:
- Michael Barr, CTO and Co-Founder, Barr Group will present “KILLER APPS: Embedded Software’s Greatest Hit Jobs” onTuesday, April 1 at 9:30 a.m.
- Andrew “bunnie” Huang, PhD and Hardware Hacker Author will present “Open Source Hardware and the Future of Embedded Systems” on Wednesday, April 2 at 9:30 a.m.
- Zac Nelson, Research Engineer, Ford Motor Company will present “Opening Up the Car for All Makers” on Thursday, April 3 at 9:30 a.m.
With more than 200 exhibitors, the EE Live! Expo will showcase a wide variety of cutting-edge technologies. Click here to see the complete list of exhibitors. Key EE Live! exhibitor announcements include:
- Atmel’s Tech on Tour Mobile Training Center offers engineers in-depth, hands-on technical training with tools to get design ideas into production.
- element14 will be showcasing: The RIoTBoard, a $74 open source, single-board platform based on the Freescale® i.MX 6Solo processor; using the ARM® Cortex®-A9 architecture.
- Innodisk will be showing live demos of new space-saving industrial storage products like nanoSSD, SATADOM and M.2(NGFF).
- STMicroelectronics will introduce the Jumpstart ARM development with this family of new mbed-compatible STM32 Nucleo development boards from STMicroelectronics, complete with Arduino pin headers.
With a free Expo Pass, EE Live! attendees get access to several special events and new initiatives, such as:
- The inaugural IEC MGMT Summit @ EE Live! will be held April 1. The Summit will be tailored to the needs and interests of those responsible for managing the evolution of Embedded Systems to support the creation of the Internet of Things (IoT).
- The Silicon Valley Open Innovation Summit 2014, presented by Flextronics on April 2, will focus on the creation of an ecosystem of platforms and components to accelerate new product development and manufacturing, linking suppliers with customers to foster innovation, share design challenges, and refine the industry-wide open innovation initiative to improve design productivity.
- The 2014 ACE (Annual Creativity in Electronics) Awards program honors the people and companies behind the technologies and products that are changing the world of electronics. The awards ceremony will take place on Tuesday, April 1, 2014.
- The Embeddy Awards, sponsored by VDC Research, are presented annually to those exhibitors who announce or demonstrate the most significant new software and hardware products at EE Live!.
- UBM Tech’s 2014 Embedded Market Study “Then, Now: What’s Next” will be presented on April 2 at 11:00 a.m. in the Fantastical Theatre of Engineering Innovation.
- “Gadget Freak Smackdown,” “Let’s Make a Deal: Raspberry Pi Quiz Show & Giveaway” and other fun educational sessions will be available in the Fantastical Theatre of Engineering Innovation throughout the event.
- More than 80 vendor training sessions from companies including Intel, Microchip, NXP, and Rohde & Schwarz are available on-site. To learn more, click here.
EE Live! offers attendees with many way to win prizes. The EE Live! Tour guides attendees to participating exhibitors booths during Expo hours to win one of several prizes, the annual Tech Tote, sponsored by Microchip, is available to 1,000 attendees on a first come first serve basis on the Expo Floor booth #1831, and many exhibitors will be giving away prizes and holding giveaways in their booths. Click here to visit the exhibitors offering prizes and giveaways onsite.
To download the EE Live! mobile app to create a customized agenda, connect with attendees, view maps and to check in to locations, click here.
For additional information on EE Live!, visit eeliveshow.com
Interested in Attending?
Registration is now open for EE Live! Expo Pass registration is free. Register online here or contact EE Live! registration customer service at (415) 947-6918 or (866) 535-8993. Online registration closes on March 27. Walk-in registrations are welcome.
Media interested in attending can register online here.
Join the conversation about EE Live! on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+ for all of the latest updated.
EE Live! sponsors include Diamond Sponsor Microchip Technology, Gold Sponsors Intel and Texas Instruments, and Silver Sponsors NXP, Rohde & Schwarz and STMicroelectronics.
About EE Live!
UBM Tech’s EE Live! is the largest and most comprehensive electronics technology conference and expo in the United States. Created by engineers, for engineers, EE Live! brings the global engineering community together to learn, gain inspiration and celebrate engineering. The conference program at EE Live! includes The IEC MGMT Summit, ESC (The Embedded Systems Conference), Engineering Summits, Boot Camps, and Tutorials. EE Live! offers an unprecedented forum of industry intelligence, hands-on learning and education and the latest products and innovations from 200+ vendors. EE Live! is tightly integrated with EE Times, Embedded.com and EDN, which creates the opportunity for the live event community to continue the conversation online, 365 days a year.
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech is a global media business that brings together the world’s technology communities through live events, online properties and custom services. UBM Tech’s community-focused approach provides its users and clients with expertly curated research, education, training, community advocacy, user-generated content and peer-to-peer engagement opportunities that serve the Electronics, Security, Enterprise IT and Communications, Network Infrastructure and Applications, Game and App Developers, and Tech Marketing communities. UBM Tech’s brands include Black Hat, DesignCon, EE Times, Enterprise Connect, Game Developers Conference (GDC), HDI, InformationWeek, and Interop. Create, a UBM Tech full range marketing services division, includes custom events, content marketing solutions, community development and demand generation programs based on its content and technology market expertise. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion. For more information, go to http://tech.ubm.com.