Thundersoft introduced an industry leading e-cockpit solution built on Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 820A platform with BlackBerry’s QNX® Hypervisor 2.0 technology, which will be demonstrated at Qualcomm’s automotive booth at LVCC North Hall, Booth #5616 at the 2018 International CES in Las Vegas. The company will have an invitation-only showcase of the new e-cockpit, a new on-device AI (artificial intelligence) solution with deep learning capabilities, and Thundersoft-enabled augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR), drone, robot, smart camera, and smart home products as well as smart car software demonstrations including Kanzi® UI and Kanzi Connect® at MGM Grand at CES 2018 in Las Vegas.
“With the advances of mobile communication, artificial intelligence and automobile telematics, it is inevitable that our cars will become more intelligent,” said Weishan Li, executive vice president of the Automotive Group, Thundersoft. “Software is defining and shaping the future of cars. Thus, the cockpit is also going through a revolution. Multiple screens will appear in the interior layout and the human-machine interaction will be more connected, more personalized, more responsive as well as smarter and easier to use. To do all this, an all-in-one digital intelligent cockpit, namely e-cockpit, is required.”
At CES 2018, Thundersoft is introducing and showcasing its new e-cockpit solution 2.0, which includes Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 automotive platform, QNX Hypervisor 2.0 technology, and Kanzi UI and Kanzi Connect software.
The Thundersoft e-cockpit solution 2.0 has the following key features:
- Deeply optimized for latest chipsets, such as Qualcomm Snapdragon 820A, Renesas R-Car-H3, etc.
- Same software architecture supports various hardware setups of IVI (in-vehicle infotainment), Digital Cluster, HUD (head-up display), ADAS (advanced driver assistance system) and RES (rear entertainment system) functions
- Balanced system design allows rich applications while securing mission-critical functions
- Single protocol in Kanzi Connect provides seamless connection of in-cabin devices as well as cloud-based devices
- Kanzi UI features an advanced tool for creative UI design and layout and a powerful runtime for high-performance graphics
- Embedded vision and speech AI engine integration.
The Thundersoft e-cockpit 2.0 has the following key benefits:
- Tier-one suppliers and carmakers can take advantage of a ready software platform to reduce efforts in developing and deploying cutting-edge cockpit products
- A flexible framework allows tier-one suppliers and carmakers to greatly reuse assets to extend a product family
- Early UI/UE simulation and validation with Kanzi Studio can cut more than 50% UI/UE development time
- An integrated AI engine and on-the-fly changing user interface can bring extremely personalized environment awareness and driver-centric driving experience.
Kanzi UI and Kanzi Connect software is provided by the Finland-based Rightware, a Thundersoft company trusted by more than 35 car brands and powering tens of millions of cars. The scalable and easy-to-integrate Kanzi UI software enables designers to create stunning user interfaces, increases productivity and accelerates time-to-market, while Kanzi Connect manages complex multi-screen interactions and seamlessly shares data, assets and services, bringing cloud-based functionality to traditionally embedded devices.
Additionally, Thundersoft will showcase other automotive products, a deep learning demo, smart home products, smart cameras, and smart IoT devices including AR/VR, drones, and robots.