Toshiba Corporation today announced that it will expand its line-up of ApP LiteTM processors with the launch of TZ5010XBG, TZ5011XBG, TZ5021XBG and TZ5023XBG targeting the Internet of Things (IoT). These products reduce power consumption using Toshiba proprietary hardware-based power management technology and system integration technology, which enables high memory efficiency and robust security features. Sample shipments start today, with mass production scheduled to start in the end of this month for TZ5010XBG and TZ5011XBG, and in June for TZ5021XBG and TZ5023XBG.
The TZ5010XBG and the TZ5011XBG application processors, based on the ARM® Cortex®-A9 dual core processor, incorporate a built-in baseband for high-speed Wi-Fi® 802.11ac, graphics and video engine. These products are suitable for IoT devices where greater data capacity is required for media and high-definition images. They extend CPU performance, memory performance and temperature range and can be used in a broad selection of applications including industrial compared to earlier versions of the product line.
The TZ5021XBG and TZ5023XBG support LP-DDR2/3 memory, specialized low-power mode for mobile devices, and a small package size for IoT applications. Additionally, the TZ5023XBG has a low-power DSP, the Cadence® Tensilica® HiFi Mini, which executes voice, audio and sensor processing.
As part of this announcement, Toshiba has also released a general-purpose reference board, Android and Yocto Linux (Yocto Project™) Software Development Kits (SDK), and design guidelines for easy installation of the development environment.
- Built-in communication and signal processing engines specialized for specific applications.
- The TZ5010XBG and the TZ5011XBG have integrated Wi-Fi 802.11ac 2×2 baseband, a next-generation wireless communication technology enabling a stable, broadband wireless connection. TZ5021XBG and TZ5023XBG have built-in, low-power DSP and support a low-power mode enabling voice, audio and sensor processing. DSP is integrated only in the TZ5023XBG.
- Achieving high-efficient system performance.
- These products achieve high-efficiency system performance because of state-of-the-art memory efficiency, and low latency processing with a robust security system. These features enable a highly reliable and stable application with a better user experience.
- Proprietary hardware based low-power technology for heat dissipation.
- Hardware-based power management technology makes it possible to enter into a low-power mode in microseconds and to transit to low-power mode more easily compared to significantly slower software-based power management technology. It reduces power consumption and contributes to better thermal dissipation for most applications.
Product Line up
|CPU||ARM® Cortex®-A9 Dual Core 1.0GHz||ARM® Cortex®-A9 Dual Core 800MHz|
|GPU||Imagination PowerVR SGX540|
|Video||1080p 60fps decode||1080p 30fps decode|
|Wireless||802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2×2 built-in DBB||–|
|DSP||–||–||HiFi mini DSP|
|Security||–||Secure Engine||Secure Engine|
|DRAM||DDR3 x32bit 1866Mbps||LP-DDR2/3 x32b 1333Mbps|
|Display||HDMI®, MIPI® DSI||MIPI® DSI|
|Package Dimension||12mm x 13mm x 1.2mm
|12mm x 12mm x 0.8mm
|Mass Production||End of March 2015||June 2015|
|Expected Application||IoT gateway devices, Miracast™ supported display devices and media streaming devices||Small footprint, low-power IoT devices, home automation devices, smart watch with a rich OS|
* Wi-Fi and Miracast are registered trademarks of Wi-Fi Alliance.
* Cadence and Tensilica are registered trademarks of Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
* Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
* ARM, Cortex and NEON are trademarks or registered trademarks of ARM Limited in the EU and other countries.
* Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
* Yocto Project is registered trademarks of The Linux Foundation.
* ApP Lite is a trademark of Toshiba Corporation.
* PowerVR and SGX are trademarks or registered trademark of Imagination Technologies Limited.
* HDMI is a registered trademark of HDMI Licensing, LLC in the United States and/or other countries.
* MIPI is a licensed trademark of MIPI Alliance, Inc. in the U.S. and other jurisdictions.
* All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.
For further information about this product, please visit:
Toshiba Corporation, a Fortune Global 500 company, channels world-class capabilities in advanced electronic and electrical product and systems into five strategic business domains: Energy & Infrastructure, Community Solutions, Healthcare Systems & Services, Electronic Devices & Components, and Lifestyles Products & Services. Guided by the principles of The Basic Commitment of the Toshiba Group, “Committed to People, Committed to the Future”, Toshiba promotes global operations towards securing “Growth Through Creativity and Innovation”, and is contributing to the achievement of a world in which people everywhere live in safe, secure and comfortable society.
Founded in Tokyo in 1875, today’s Toshiba is at the heart of a global network of over 590 consolidated companies employing over 200,000 people worldwide, with annual sales surpassing 6.5 trillion yen (US$63 billion).