Telematics for usage based insurance (UBI) remains in its early stages of adoption across Europe. Whilst adoption steadily increases, insurers are becoming aware of what the technology can bring to other aspects of their services. Claims management has been identified as a key area where telematics can revolutionise the customer relationship and bring about more visibility for the insurer in the detection of fraud.
The seemingly rapid development of autonomous car technology over the past 12 months has also triggered alarm bells for motor insurers. As Google announced their completion of an autonomous vehicle in 2014, and other leading automakers made leaps forward in their understanding of the technology, insurers must now face the question, ‘How do you insure the autonomous car?’.
Andrew Pym, the organiser for the Insurance Telematics Europe 2015 Conference has stated, “This is a truly trying time for the motor insurers. With so much technology innovation, there becomes a real need to adapt business strategies and create the right partnerships to ensure profitability to 2020 and beyond.”
TU-Automotive (formerly Telematics Update) has constructed an independently researched agenda with 25+ sessions and 50+ handpicked insurance telematics experts from key players in the industry including Ageas, MAPFRE, Renault-Nissan, RSA, Carrot, LV=, Euro NCAP, Hastings Direct, Generali, PSA Peugeot Citroën, insurethebox, Ingenie and many more.
At Insurance Telematics Europe 2015 they will explore the crucial topics that insurers face today including:
- Telematics Redefining Claims
- Creating Data Portability
- The Consumer Perception of UBI
- Collaboration with Automakers
- The OBDII Apps Proposition
- Roadmap to Autonomous Vehicles
Here is just a sample of the most executive speaker line-up of insurance telematics professionals to gather in London at Insurance Telematics Europe 2015:
- Josep Celaya, Chief Innovation Officer, MAPFRE
- Richard King, CEO, Ingenie
- Matthew Thomas, Strategy and Planning Director, Ageas
- Andrew Miller, Chief Technical Officer / President, Thatcham / Euroncap
- Kenny Leitch, Global Telematics Director, RSA
- Luigi Barcarolo, Head of Telematics Competence Center, Generali
- Nick List, Fleet Intelligence European Proposition Manager, Zurich
- Jacques Amselem, CEO – Telematics, Allianz
For the newly published Insurance Telematics Europe 2015 conference programme and speaker line-up visit the website: http://www.tu-auto.com/insurance-telematics-eu
Or contact the TU-Automotive team at insuranceeu(at)tu-auto(dot)com.
Register before Friday 16th January via the secure link below to take advantage of a £300 saving on all conference passes.
Tracking Automotive Technology: TU-Automotive is the reference point and communications hub for the evolving automotive technology segment as it converges with consumer electronics, mobile and IoT to re-define connectivity, mobility and autonomous use-cases