The Wi-SUN™ Alliance announced a new adopter class of membership. This new category was created specifically to make it easier and more cost effective for utilities and municipalities to deploy the Wi-SUN solution set to meet their growing SmartGrid and Smart City needs. System integrators and product vendors wishing to integrate already certified Wi-SUN products into their solutions will also benefit.
With more than 80 member companies worldwide, the Wi-SUN Alliance is focused on accelerating the implementation of a smarter grid and smarter cities by enabling the global adoption of interoperable solutions based on the IEEE 802.15.4 and related open global standards.
“The Wi-SUN Alliance is focused on developing a strong test and certification program to deliver interoperable products for the Smart Utility, Smart City and related Internet of Things (IoT) markets,” said Phil Beecher, chairman, Wi-SUN Alliance. “This new class of membership will make it easier for utilities and municipalities to join the many other organizations already supporting the Wi-SUN solutions set and take advantage of these products and programs.”
Adopter Member Benefits:
- Access to final, approved Wi-SUN profile specifications and associated test specifications
- Admission to targeted Wi-SUN Alliance interoperability events
- Participation in alliance workshops and developers’ conferences
- Approved use of Wi-SUN Alliance logo on promotional materials
- Access to Wi-SUN Alliance marketing collateral and e-newsletter
- Access to a world-class ecosystem of members
Wi-SUN Alliance Members are focused on creating solutions and certification programs, based on open global standards, which serve applications such as: Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI), Distribution Automation (DA), Smart Cities, Infrastructure Management, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), and IoT in general where high performance Field Area Networking (FAN) capability is required.
In addition to the new Adopter member level, the Wi-SUN Alliance offers three other membership levels:
- Promoters: Contribute to the development of specifications, have access to general working group sessions, and a seat on the Board of Directors.
- Contributors: Contribute to the development of specifications, and have access to general working group sessions.
- Observers: This category is appropriate for Test Labs and Certification Bodies who may participate during the development of specifications, but may not vote and cannot certify products.
Additional details can be found online at www.wi-sun.org
About the Wi-SUN Alliance
The Wi-SUN Alliance is a non-profit member-based association consisting of industry leading companies devoted to the global proliferation of interoperable wireless solutions based on the IEEE 802.15.4g standard for Field Area Networks (FAN). Membership in the Wi-SUN Alliance is open to all industry stakeholders interested in accelerating the adoption of a complete interoperability specification for use in Smart Utility Networks for Advanced Meter Infrastructure (AMI) and Smart City networks for intelligent street lighting and parking systems. Products bearing the Wi-SUN CERTIFIED™ mark provide utilities and municipalities with confidence that certified products from multiple suppliers are interoperable and conform to the IEEE 802.15.4g standard.
Wi-SUN Alliance and the Wi-SUN Alliance logo are trademarks of the Wi-SUN Alliance.